It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Question about kg loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Question about kg loss

Postby fi_112 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 am

Hi,
I have been losing weight consistently for the past 6 months, but while my measurements go down every week and I think I look slimmer, my weight on the scales is often all over the place. It has a general downwards trend but it'll go up a bit, go down a bit more, go back up.. the only time it seems to go down a lot in a week is when i've been out drinking and my body is dehydrated. I do a lot of strength training and that sort of thing, could that by why?
I was considering going on a more strict diet of shakes etc. for a few weeks to see what would happen but I just love my food!
Heeelp :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Re: Question about kg loss

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Weight will often fluctuate by a kilo or more. In most cases it's because of fluid retention. The body tends to retain water if it's hot, if you've eaten salty foods and many women retain water at That Time of the Month.

It can help to keep note of when you have sudden weight gains to monitor trends see what could be influencing it. For me it's in hot weather and at TTOTM. I can easily gain a kilo or two of fluid weight at those times. Unfortunately there's little you can do to stop it from happening, but at least if you know why it's happening you don't worry so much about it.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk