It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:26 am

Free Newsletter

Dont know why

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Dont know why

Postby Etch » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:24 pm

2 weeks ago i hit my lowest weight in 4 years. Over the past 2 weeks i have put back on 4kg and cant be bothered dieting/working out. I dont know whats changed or why i cant be bothered. Im gonna try to get back on the horse tommorow( i always like to start things on a monday ). So depressed atm
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Re: Dont know why

Postby foxyaussie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi Etch,
Heres a *smile* for you.
Don't beat yourself up. I know it's probably easy for me to say that cause I'm not you but in the past (and even sometimes now) I still get really down and depressed with myself. I get so annoyed with myself for being fat is what it basically comes down to. When I was at my lowest I just wanted to give up and hide from the world.
But hey we have only have one life. I care for intellectually disabled adults and 99.9% of the clients I look after, they have had such a tough life. Most have been institutionalised up here since 4-5 years of age! They are now in their 40-60's. When I feel crap and worthless I think of the crappy life some of them have had and how everyday little tasks that we take for granted, many of my clients can not. I will not go into details but use your imagination :) Anyway I just try to be grateful for what I do have, focus more so on the positives. I am grateful I can walk, talk, smell, hear, see etc. Damn I have it good! :)

Sorry if this sounds like preaching. And if I offended anyone by talking about my wonderful clients then I'm sorry. I am trying to make a point to Etch.
Maybe Etch have a few days 'break' from worrying about your weight to get back on track. Focus on YOU for a few days. Do something, instead of worrying, that you love and makes you happy. Just a suggestion :)

Take care Etch. You will make it, and you know it :) Have a good one.
Jane :)
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby meegs » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey.
We all have that feeling!
We all go up and down, and up and down!

Look at how far you have come - your weight loss is absolutely amazing.

It's great that you are going to get back up on the wagon. Put the bad weeks behind you, and look to the future.

Take good care.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Etch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Today things just kinda clicked again. I got back onto my work out program and even kicked it up a notch. By the time i finished lifting my arms/back/chest where so sore that i cant even lift my backpack atm. Today was nothing but lifting, tommorow 2 hours of cardio. 1 hour on bike, 1 hour on treadmill. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the support everyone, much appreciated
[/url]

Etch

Postby fi_112 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 am

Hi,
The exact same thing happened to me! A few weeks ago I got down to my goal weight, and immediately after I quickly put on 2.5 kg. My theory is that - my body's "happy weight" is slightly higher than what it was, OR I was so happy to be at my goal that I ate more without realising.
However - this past week I have been writing down what I eat and just doing that has made me lose 1.5kg of that weight, so my goal is in sight once again!! I have tried to stop having so many sweets as they are my downfall, I could never stop completely though hehe :)
Maybe try writing down ur calories and also try to improve one last little thing in ur lifestyle.. for me it was cutting down on sweets (finally haha) but it could be an extra walk in the evenings, more water, smaller dinner or something like that.
best of luck, keep me posted & I'll do the same!!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Etch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 pm

This week i've flogged myself so hard at the gym. Feels good to be back in action so to speak. Diet is under control again as well. Using a protien shake twice a day as a meal replacement ( brekky/dinner ) with fruit/nuts for tea breaks and a tuna/salad roll for lunch.

Gym is going great, even stepped it up form what i use to be doing. 30-45 minutes of intense weight lifting. Focusing on Back/chest/arms/core. Odd enough, with a 2 week break from lifting i can now lift about 10-15kg's heavier on almost every lift i do. Same goes for cardio for that matter. I do 25 minutes on the bike. Hills plus setting at level 5, then straight to the treadmill where i do 5 minutes at 7kph followed by 10 minutes at 10kph. i do this for an hour during the biggest losser. BTW i found that to work very well. That show has been a huge inspiration to me.

3 weeks ago when i hit my lowest i was down to 114.7kg( 6kg above the obese marker ) in those 3 weeks i got back up to 120kg..... Now im back down to 115.2! so after 3 weeks of going back to my old ways it only took about a week to get within 500g of where i was. So proud of myself atm
[/url]

Etch

Postby foxyaussie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Etch wrote: So proud of myself atm

See, I told you that you would do it! :D
Keep kicking butt Etch, your doing great!!!!!!! Your motivation and drive is inspiring to me :D
Jane :)
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby fi_112 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am

wow congrats on all the working out? u must have endorphins soaring!! :)
are u sure ur eating enough calories though? dont want ur body to go into starvation mode??

i hope u don't mind if I jump on the celebrating wagon too.. I weighed in at 70.1kg this morning, only 0.6kg off my lightest in years!! :) come one last half kilo...
fi_112

Postby Etch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Good work mate.

As to the eating the right amount im not sure. If i hit a platue again then i wil try adding in a bit more.
[/url]

Etch

Postby fi_112 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 pm

do u get hungry?? u seem to have such a good mindset, im rather envious
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:40 pm

I think I'd fall off the wagon too if I was using meal replacements and flogging myself in the gym!
Czarina

Return to Weight loss Talk