It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Your diet

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Your diet

Postby think - thin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Tell me abit about it?? Your plan including excerise and if it works for you ??

Trying to figure out whats best for me !!
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Re: Your diet

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Jessika,

Currently I'm using a combination of The Gabriel Method and low GI. I've had a shaky couple of weeks, but I'm getting back on track again. The Gabriel Method is a book and MP3 which reprograms your attitude towards eating and exercise. The theory is that you start craving healthy foods instead of nutritionally-poor, calorie-dense dead foods. I find it works in that regard. I'm also trying to replace processed starchy carbs with more low GI carbs. My two biggest issues with weight loss are portion sizes and eating too much in the evenings. Low GI keeps me full for longer so it counters those tendencies.

Exercise is just walking at the moment. I strained the muscles in my back so I can't do much beyond that. Probably between 60 minutes and 80 minutes per day, mostly getting to and from uni and running errands.

I hope you find an eating and exercise program that suits your needs.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am

Hi Jessika -

I am trying Jenny Craig this time around :) It is working really well for me. I lost a lot of weight a while back by cutting out carbohydrates but to be honest it wasnt maintainable! JC is a little bit $$ though but the food is provided which suits me at this stage. I have friends using the WW points program and that seems to work well also.
I am pretty active - I go to the gym 3 - 5 times a week, walk 30 mins at least 3 times a week and play in a team. The more exercise you do on the program i am on - the more you lose. I also drink at least 2L of water a day!
Good luck
Court
court

Postby Czarina » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 am

I use the Calorie King website. It tells you how many calories to eat to lose a healthy .5kg - 1kg a week. It also keeps track of the important macronutrients for you, ie, fat, protein, carbohydates, fibre, sodium, etc. The best thing about it, besides the fact that it works, is the price - it is free! Yay! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby Shalimar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I use CK as well, purely for keeping tabs on my food, I still prefer the old fashioned way with the calorie counter book though :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby E J » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 pm

i use calorie king as well, i watch my calories, i eat wholemeal instas of white where i can, i exercise at least 3 times a week at the gym, and i walk to the shops when needed, ive been losing 500g-1kg a week =D ive lost 7kgs and 10cms so far =D
E J

Postby Etch » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Fruit and veg/protien supliments. That about summons it up.

I dont keep any food in my house, shops are about a 1/2 wwalk from my house. so when i want to eat i have to walk a kilometre ever meal. Only home for 2 meals a day but hey, thats an easy extra 14k's a week!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I just eat lots of fruit, veggies and any healthy food. Dont eat fast food and do lots of walking, jogging, weights etc. =]
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby think - thin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:20 pm

I re joined CK today to see how I go with it. In the end you get the same results as other weight loss companys but being free is a huge bonus
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Postby MissSonia » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I started with Celebrity Slim meal replacements. I now use Calorie King to monitor my food intake, however I aim for 1200 calories per day and 100g carbs per day. In regards to exercise, that's fairly minimal as I'm on a few medications that make me very tired/drowsy/lethargic.

Good luck with your weight loss.
MissSonia

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

I have started Celebrity Slim meal replacements to kick start my weight loss and after I have lost about 4kgs, I will start incorporating proper food back in, however following the weight watchers points system so that I don't put my weight back on after the shakes.

I do attempt to go for walks 3 times a week and the gym twice a week, but hubby and I are being very lazy lately and always turn off the alarm in the mornings. So have to kick start that and be more disciplined.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby Will16 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi,

Fats in a normal diet are not supposed to exceed 15% of the total calories. The fat calories should be equally distributed among the polyunsaturated, monostruated and unsaturated fatty acids. To balance the equation, the daily calorie intake should contain 70% of carbohydrates and 15% of protein. This is the perfect definition of a low fat diet. Eaten with commitment and discipline daily, a law fat diet will save you the agony of having to get into weight loss programs.
Last edited by Jisgone on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: who would have thought...more spam
Will16

Postby Kellicopter » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 am

Hi! :)

Monday through Thursday I exist on a very boring diet of yoghurt, museli and skim coffee for breakfast, tuna or salad sandwich on wholemeal for lunch and chicken or tuna and roasted vegetable salad for dinner. weekends i usually eat whatever i want (because its hard to diet with friends etc) but ill eat VERY small portion sizes to try to even it out. (NB that usually doesnt work and i just end up a kilo heavier after the weekend! ;)

I go to the gym tuesday to thursday mornings and do 30 mins on the treadmil, friday before work i do a body attack class! Woo! Not this Friday though - public holiday! ;)
5 kg's to goooooooo. The hard 5 ;)
Kellicopter

Postby Karnak » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Mainly focusing on Nutrition so lots of Fruit and Vegies, Grains, Carbs, Protein and Calcium and using CalorieKing to monitor and generally stick to a 1200-1400cal diet dependant upon what I'm feeling like. I also do about 4 hours a week of intense structured Cardio exercise (Kickboxing / Cardio classes etc) and around 4 hours of passive/Toning exercise (Yoga / walking / swimming etc).

The big thing for me is not to get too obsessive about it. It'd easy to get bogged down in grams of protein but the focus needs to be about the big picture and the journey and life changing habits you develop over time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby smileyone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:55 pm

I have this book from England that I bought when I lived overseas that I'm going to use. It is called "Turn Back your Body Clock" and the food is pretty normal and it seems like a lot of food (I am always hungry or think I am hungry!) so I am hoping this will help. For main meals it basically means that you fill half a plate with veges and then one serve of protein and one serve of wholegrain/complex carbs. I can also have snacks and I will be eating regularly and less processed. So I can see nutritionally that it is a good diet (which is what I need if I want to get pregnant - a lifestyle change) but its the craving for junk that gets me... and then I'm on autopilot eating the junk... and then I'm like why did I eat the junk!? I am hoping posting on here will keep me out of denial !!
smileyone

Return to Weight loss Talk