It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Cost Of Different Programs

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Cost Of Different Programs

Postby seal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi all,

I've checkout all of the programs that are out there and they are well out of my price range. I'm unemployed.

I went onto WW site and printed the foods that WW have in supermarkets. I'm going to check the prices next time I'm shopping.

I don't want to go on a meal replacement shake diet as I miss the crunch of food. I was on the biggest loser shakes but, as I said, I missed the crunch of food.

I've just moved into a new place and once I'm settled and know what my finances are going to be like, I'm thinking of buying some meals from Lite 'n Easy. The dinners look so yummy.

Cely
My Reasons To Lose Weight

To be healthy
To be able to buy nice clothes
To be as sexy as friends have said I am
seal

Re: Cost Of Different Programs

Postby Czarina » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Check out http://www.calorieking.com.au. It works for me, and best of all, it's free!!! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby seal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Hey, thanks for that. I went to sign up and realise I was already a member. I completely forgot.
My Reasons To Lose Weight

To be healthy
To be able to buy nice clothes
To be as sexy as friends have said I am
seal

Postby gettinghot » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am

Hiya,

Have you seen the sample nutritionists recommedation here from this thread:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16605

Might be good to check it out - no shakes or programs - just nice, simple healthy eating.

I do also have a few Lite n' Easy dinners in the freezer for those night when I can't be bothered cooking! (beats heading through the Macca's drive-thru)
gettinghot

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Before you purchase WW foods make sure you check other brands as there are cheaper and better options out there.

The WW supermarket foods aren't a necessary part of the WW plan, they are just convenience foods. But alot of them are high in sodium.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Robin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:58 pm

You could try "The Jon Gabriel Method" - which is not a diet in the usual sense. All you need is his book and CD.

He recommends taking various supplements religiously each day - but that is the only extra cost (and you will find you are eating less - so a saving there).

Link removed
Robin

Postby PetraW » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 am

Cely, you said you are going to try Lite 'n Easy. I have actually done their program twice in the past and can absolutely recommend it - it works really well. I mean, we all know that ultimately to lose weight we have to change our eating habits, because we cannot stay on a "diet" forever, and usually when we start eating normal again, the kilos creep back on. So we really have to try and lose weight by changing our eating pattern and the foods we eat. Lite 'n Easy helps tremendously with that, and I found them just to be so easy - you don't have to think about anything!
They do cost a bit per week if you go for the full program (last time I was on them it was $131 a week, but that has likely gone up), but you have to think that you will not have to buy any more food for yourself but milk, and I think that's ok.
But even if you only want to go for their dinner, they are really nice, and they even filled me up - especially if you heat them up very hot, then you have to take your time eating them, and they last longer and make you feel even fuller.
Let us know how you go! - I lost about 1kg/week when I was on Lite 'n Easy. :D
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3J8xVi/]
[/url]
PetraW

Return to Weight loss Talk