It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 am

Free Newsletter

What to do at Gym....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What to do at Gym....

Postby sage » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello all,
Just wondering how often people who go to the gym go and also is weight training every time you go
to much.
At the moment I try to go 5 times a week and have been doing weight training most days but although I'm looking tonned I
don't seem to be losing much, Oh and I try to do at least 40 min cardio as well.
What is the quickest way to lose weight at the Gym I realy want to know? Should i stop weights and more cardio?
confused.
sage

Re: What to do at Gym....

Postby stevo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi Sage,

Keep up the good work!

I always do my weight training before cardio. There is a very good reason for doing this. It is explained in an article I posted on this site. The article is called, 'The Best Way to Lose Weight'.

If you're doing weights are you still want to lose weight I suggest reducing your food intake slightly.

There is definitely no reason to do the weights less frquently. Some of the world's best figures (not physiques!) have been created through weight training. I highly recommend women to perform a regular weight training session at a gym. In fact, I wrote an article on this topic several years ago. I will dig it up and post it on the site. Hopefully some of the ladies find it useful.

Cheers,

Steve.
Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.
stevo

Postby fi_112 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm

I go about 5 days a week (and run or walk on my days off). I used to do lighter weights more frequently but now I do a really strenuous weights workout one to two times a week (for about 45 mins). Apparently unless u really rip apart ur muscles (so u really feel it the next day) you won't do much, so I do heavy weights, more reps and 3 sets of each. Then, for the rest of the week, I focus on cardio. One step class, one body attack class, and two sessions on the cardio machines. Usually do abs and yoga streches about three times a week too.
That's on a good week hehe :) but the point is you should be really sore the day after ur weights.
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby sage » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks for your replys, there a great help.
Stevo I would love to have a read of that article it you find it.

Sage..
sage

Postby stevo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Sage,

Here is the post:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17403

I hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Steve.
Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.
stevo

Return to Weight loss Talk