It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:59 am

Free Newsletter

eating out and drinking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

eating out and drinking

Postby E J » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm

i dont eat out muchm i dont drink much(once a month maybe?)
but tonight we are going out for dinner and for a few drinks, bub is staying with the IL's

im trying to decide what to have for dinner, i know whats on the menu.
would chili muscles be a good decision, just not eating the bread on the side?
or a steak sandwhich, with no chips on the side?

and i drink vokda, but what to drink it on, to much OJ isnt to good.
any ideas? i know today is going to be a blow out but i dont want to just go 'what the hell' and have whatever i still want to make better decisions

Re: eating out and drinking

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Bit late EJ - hope you had a great night. What did you decide to eat?

Have you considered vokda lime and soda? (real lime and not that cordial stuff).
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Well its unfortunate that no one answered this topic in time.

If you ask me, theres nothing wrong with eating out and having the chips, you said it yourself you hardly ever eat out. Dieting and weightloss has to be enjoyable for you. If you dont eat foods you enjoy as well then your going to get those urges every now and then.

Have Vodka with a diet mixer if you want to let the calories go down a bit. Just make sure you take note of how many calories per standard drink. Im pretty sure it has it on the bottle. :)
- Stevo

Postby E J » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:23 pm

thanx guys, yer it was s shame no one replyed intime
but i endued up having fish on mashpotato, and i drunk vodka and OJ, and a few tequila shots :O
i know i blew the night, but i weighed in on sunday(went out frinight it was) and i had lost 500g still that week, so i dint kill my weeks efforts, i weighed this morn and i had lost another 500g must of just needed an extra day to get the bad out of my system and back on track.
i deffinatly wont be doing it very often, i repfer to feel healthy on my weekends than tired and ikky!!!

thanx again =D

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:01 pm

You have done really well and I don't think there is anything wrong with having a splurge every now and then - just get back on the diet asap the next day.

It's also good to have a splurge when you have a baby sitter!
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs

Postby stevo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi EJ,

Glad to hear you had a good night. It sounds like you don't do it often enough for it to be a concern for you.

I think you should allow yourself to indulge every now and then anyway without worrying about your food (or drink) intake. I think once a month is fine- even more often would be okay, especially if it is only one meal.

There are some major benefits in having a 'Treat Day':

- Increases metabolic rate (upregulates thyroid output)
- Curbs appetite
- Reduces cravings
- Increase body's production of favourable fat-burning hormones (including growth hormone)

Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 am

Quick (or not so quick) question for you Steve
What do you think of cutting down on calories for the rest of the week then having a treat day?
Some days I struggle to eat over 1000 cals even tho I know I should, I study full time and run a business and food seems to be an afterthought alot of days but give me a sunday off and I go nuts.
Will my metabolism slow down by not eating enough calories during the week if I shake things up on the weekend? or should I smack myself on the hand and make myself eat more every day to take me up to the recommended cals?

Return to Weight loss Talk