It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

The Truth About Meal Replacement Shakes

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Truth About Meal Replacement Shakes

Postby dotflower » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Good on you Steve,
for giving such great information free of charge. A lot of others would sell this information in an e-book or hard copy book. I have been following a plan like you have described and have lost 6kg in 8 weeks. Sure it's not a quick loss, but I'm happy that I can stick with it!. The shakes I have for morning tea and afternoon tea are extremely low in carbohydrates compared to the popular, advertised ones. This of course allows me to have a yummy breakfast, lunch and dinner. I try to stick to a maximum of 50gms of carbohydrate per day and take a superior multi-vitamin tablet every day plus 2000mg Vitamin C and 1000mg Vitamin E. I also make sure to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water each day.

Re: The Truth About Meal Replacement Shakes

Postby stevo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi dotflower,

Thanks for your feedback and congratulations on your fantastic results so far!

How are you finding the low-carb diet? I generally only recommend 50 grams or less of carbs for people who have symptoms of insulin resistance, i.e. type 2 diabetics of ladies who have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

For most people I have allowed up to 100 grams of carbs from primarily the medium or low-density sources (medium density: starchy vegetables, fruits, dairy products; low density: fibrous vegetables like, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, etc.).

I find this approach a more sustainable lifestyle for most people.

Nevertheless, congratualtions once again and keep up the good work.

Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.

Return to Weight loss Talk