It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Free Newsletter

How is this even possible?!?!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How is this even possible?!?!

Postby fi_112 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 am

I started using calorie king and am back down again. I think it might be the contraceptive pill that I'm on makes me retain weight, as it gives me big boobies :) is that possible?
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 am

That is very possible! Heard plenty of reports on the pill along those lines.
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah but some people claim they aren't true. In any case I quite like my new boobs haha so think it's worth an extra kg
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm

The pill affects everyone differently, I'm going on it soon, to help with my endometreosis symptoms...I hope I don't retain more fluid on it! I already hold onto enough! Unless it was just in the boobs, I bet my boyfriend wouldn't complain about that, even though they are already DDs!
Czarina

Postby court » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm

I was on Yasmin and went off everything cold turkey in November. It has been a pretty easy transition for me - I was told i might have problems...i am trying to be a la naturale for a while been on it for 6 years.....poor partner huh ;) hehe.
I dont know if going on it has had anythign to do with my weight loss - prob not. I was always told the pill didnt necessarily make you PUT ON weight - just increased your appetitie.
court

Postby fi_112 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm on Yasmin as well. so did u find an initial weight loss when u stopped taking it? I guess it's hard to tell if you were already losing weight.

I read somewhere that when u go off it you lose a kilo or two, not huge amounts, but I am only a couple of kilo's off my goal weight so it would be very frustrating if this really was the only reason for me not to achieve my goal.. hmm.. guess I have to make the choice.
fi_112

Postby court » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 am

Not really Fi. I wasnt really thinking about weight loss to be honest - as i went off it after a trip o'seas when i had giardia- so any weight loss/gain prob didnt have much to do with the pill at this stage cos i was quite sick!! Maybe have a chat with your GP about it :)
court

Postby girlsunday » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:23 pm

WHOOAAAH,
You are doing great!
I will bet you haven't thought of whether your weight is fat or muscle.
Don't rely on the scales to tell you the truth, they sometimes won't. If you admit it you are looking to lose fat and I rekon you probably have by what you say you are doing.
Muscle is another whole ballgame. Man ! this is exciting stuff. You are probably getting abs to kill for or legs that I would die for (not quite).
Try using a tape measure and the scales together, dont weigh too often as weight goes up and down with things like fluid, monthly cycles, weather etc etc.
With adding the tape measure you have 2 different opinions and to be honest the tape has to win. If it says your hips are great then they look great, no arguements.
Hope this helps
girlsunday
girlsunday

Postby fi_112 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks so much for that support!!

I think I was too fixated on the scales. I have started weighing only every 2nd day (still not good, I know) and have managed to drop back down to 70kg. My best friend is a nurse and she said that a stress hormone is released when you are anxious which leads you to retain weight! As soon as I started using Calorie King, I relaxed, felt more in control, and my weight came back down.

Is it true that exercise will slow your kg weight loss down?
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Only if you don't eat enough. If you are using CK, you will know that you should eat your exercise calories back to make sure your body doesnt' go into starvation mode and hold onto the fat. Exercise boosts your metabolism, therefore helps you lose weight, exercise is good!
Czarina

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk