It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

Calorie King

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie King

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I know I've read people talking about this on here before, but my auntie just signed up (well I signed up for her) and it looked really good, so I'm going to do the same. It has a search box so you just write what you are eating in there and it tells you how many calories (and fat, carbs etc) is in there! Its amazingly easy. :D

Anyone else here use it? Like it, hate it?
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Re: Calorie King

Postby Jisgone » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 pm

i use it and i love it :)
it cant get a bit obsessive tho.. recording every morsel you eat
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:47 pm

I use it to compare calorie contents of foods when I'm not sure what to eat. I used to record everything I ate there but became a bit obsessive. As a result I was eating too few calories and my weight loss stalled. Hopefully one day I'll be able to control that so I can go back there!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Hm I think that becoming "obsessive" about it would be a good thing, as you know exactly how many calories you have per day. I know I wouldn't be able to record every single thing as I have hardly any time on my hands.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:24 pm

CrimsonThunder wrote:Hm I think that becoming "obsessive" about it would be a good thing, as you know exactly how many calories you have per day.

It depends. If you are being accurate and obsessive then yes, it would work. The problem for me is that I was worried about extra calories sneaking into my diet unnoticed so I was erring far too much on the side of caution. I improvise with healthy recipes all the time and cook a **** load each time. As a result I don't know how many calories there are in each serving. I know how many calories for the entire pot, but I have no idea how many servings there are in there. Unless you have 20 small sized containers handy it's impossible to dish up equal servings on the spot for the sake of accuracy. So I was guesstimating higher calories per serving to be on the 'safe' side (a huge pot of stew err... 17 servings maybe? Oh, this container's a bit bigger. Better assume there's more calories in it. That one has less liquid, so it's probably got more sweet potato. Add a hundred calories just in case). Erring on the side of caution meant I ate too few calories and went into starvation mode. Does that make more sense? I don't think I explained it adequately in my last post.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 am

Ah yes, that makes sense. I've never made soup myself (have to do it some time though) so that thought never crossed my mind.

Infact I need to buy measuring cups and scales so I know I'm getting the right amount of things. But i'm not really that fussed if I get a bit more than I should.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby MissSonia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:01 am

I've been using it for years on and off. It's a great tool to use so you can understand just where all the calories are coming from. Also, there are some cool recipes on there too!
MissSonia

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:59 am

Yes, I liked the recipies!

And I downloaded the program. The updates dont actually update. :(
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby electrongirl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 am

I love it! But sadly its not free in the US like it is in Australia!!

I signed up for it here for $7 a month but I don't use it enough to warrant the money, but sadly its for 12 months so if I cancel I have to pay it anyway.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby think - thin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm

I signed up a few weeks ago and have only used it a few times. It does have alot of fantastic information though. I need to set it as my home page so I rememeber to do it
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:42 pm

I love it purely for the fact I use it to record my food and exercise I don't bother with the forums.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kristal » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:48 pm

I have used it on and off for years, but I wasn't disciplined enough to stick to it and remember to record absolutely everything.

However, now I have been on Celebrity Slim for awhile and have become much more regimented, knowledgable and strict with what I eat, I am going to use Calorie King as soon as I get off CS so that I don't go putting that weight back on too easily and to incorporate normal food into my diet slowly and carefully.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby Amethyst » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I use it a little. Record my food and exercise on it. It helps me keep on track and aware. When I know I've blown it (like having bacon and eggs and mushrooms with bread and heaps of butter - No I didn't cook it) I tend to not input anything because I feel guilty. But I find it quite useful.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Czarina » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Love it, love it, love it! Can't praise it enough! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby jessica86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:28 pm

i love calorie king, especially because its free & so easy to use. I especially like it adds up your protein, calcium and fats etc as well as calories which is just as important.

<3 jess
jessica86

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk