It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Diet Plan I Wrote Up - Happy for Opinions

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet Plan I Wrote Up - Happy for Opinions

Postby court » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:35 am

Hi guys -
I am on Jenny Craig - and it is working fantastically for ME. I have family members that are so interested in what I am doing but cannot afford to join the program, so i thought i would help them out by writing upa diet based on the premise of 6 small meals a day and getting the old metabloism in check :) I would love opinions on the diet I have written up below. I am not causing a debate but I just want to know what works for some people - we are all different! I know in the past i have lost a lot by cutting out the dreaded "carbs" but I am now all for balance and healthier lifestyle.

Breakfast
- Bowl of cereal with lite white, a piece of wholegrain toast with scrape of p/nut butter OR
- Poached egg on wholegrain bread and a piece of fruit OR
- Two slices of wholegrain bread with p/nut butter and a glass of milk

Snack
- A piece of fruit and a cereal bar (try for low sugar types) OR
- Yoghurt and 10 almonds OR
- Yoghurt with dried fruit or berries OR
- Crisp bread with low fat cheese/ cottage cheese or scrape of peanut butter or vegemite OR
- Pita crisps with salsa OR
- Raw veges cut up in sticks with salsa

Lunch
- One ham sandwich on wholegrain bread with a side salad OR
- Two boiled eggs, a salad and two pieces of wholegrain bread with light spread marg OR
- A can of tuna mixed with light ranch dressing on a salad sandwich – spread it over two sandwiches of you need!

Snack
- One choice from previous snack list

Dinner
- Healthy!!!
- Two rules which are good grilled and steamed and compliment with a carbohydrate but a SMALL serve!!
- Veges veges veges are key!
- Tomatoes are delicious grilled!!
- i.e a small serve is a dinner roll or half a cup of rice

Snack
- choose a snack from previous list!!

MUST DRINK WATER WATER WATER, 1.5 – 2L a day – this is key!….if you must drink other drinks please make sure they are diet!!! Try and keep away from processed foods – the more natural the food is the better! Make white wine spritzers – i.e. ½ wine ½ soda water – ½ the calories!
court

Re: Diet Plan I Wrote Up - Happy for Opinions

Postby MissSonia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:06 am

I think it sounds pretty good, thanks for sharing :)
MissSonia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:06 am

I think it's great to share eating plans. It can really help people who are new to weight loss and want to know what they can eat, and it can also help people who have been on their weight loss journey for a while who are looking to shake up their eating routine with new ideas. Your eating plan looks great. I'm glad it's working for you.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 am

Hi guys -
thanks :) Yeah i dont necessarily eat exactly these things as I have "snacks" and "lunches" that are prepared for me, but the idea is around this kind of plan. And i am NEVER hungry :) Oh and I am sure most people know that when you have "hunger" pains you should always guzzle some water first to make sure that you arent just thirsty - wait 5-10 minutes and if you are hungry the pains will still be there! :)
Good luck everyone
Court
court

Postby DanielleM » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:30 am

Hey, The plan is similar to what l do. However l tend to eat the same stuff every day for brekkie and sometimes lunch.. boring hehe! have you yourself been following this plan? over how long did you loose 5kgs? this is my 3rd week and lve been eating very healthy and excercising 3-4 times a week but l attend uni and not very active apart from that. How often do you excercise as well as maintaining this diet? interested in this :D
Thanks
ps. also sometimes l leave out snacks because l am not really that hungry is that ok?
DanielleM

Postby MissSonia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 am

I think it's good to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism up. You can have something small as a snack, like a piece of fruit or a small handful of nuts.
MissSonia

Postby court » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Danielle -
its ok to eat the same stuff - but if you get bored try to mix it up! :) I follow a plan similar to this. On Jenny Craig i get certain things, i.e. today i was given a cereal for breaky and had toast with it, snack was a JC muesli cookie and apple, lunch today was a ham/cheese jaffle (JC ONE SOOO YUM!) with a big salad, afternoon tea I have a yoghurt (diet yoghurt is a great snack - forme brand or Nestle Diet is lowest in calories).... - but every meal is bulked up with salad or veges! So it is very similar to this - but this is what i will be eating when i ween mysefl off the program. One of the main things I have learnt is it is important to eat every three hours (even if you arent hungry!) so that your metabolism is kept in check. Even just a handful of almonds or handful of sultanas is great as a snack.
I have lost 5kg's in 5 weeks. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and play netball as well. I also walk the 4kms to work most days as it is exercise with a purpose :) I love my morning walk.
Good luck!
court

Postby lng86 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi!

I was actually a consultant for Jenny Craig until late last year... So may be able to help!

I am not too sure what amount of kj you are on... 5000???

If so... Your plan per day (both JC and otherwise) is:

2 milk serves
5 grain serves
2 fat serves
5 vegetables serves (although unlimited)
2 fruit serves
5 meat serves

Please refer to your journal to work out the appropriate types of food and QUANTITY. However... I'll write a simple plan for you.

Breakfast - 3/4 c. special k, 1/2 c. skim milk and 1/2 c. raspberries

Morning tea - apple

Lunch - 2 pieces of wholemeal bread, tin of tuna, salad, avocado

Afternoon tea - 10 rice crackers and 1 tbs. hommus

Dinner - 110g chicken breast, 1 cup cous cous, vegetables

Dessert - yoghurt

Please remember that other family members/friends may have different requirements (weight/exercise levels) and may have to eat more than this. You are currently eating the minimum any WOMAN should eat FOR WEIGHTLOSS. And generally would have to eat between 7,000-8,400kj to maintain your goal weight.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby lng86 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Next time you are at Jenny Craig... As your Consultant for a spare journal to give to your family member. It is a weight loss bible!!! I'm sure she will be more than willing.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby court » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Lauren!! :)
Yay what a great and rewarding job!! I am actually on 6400kj. The diet i wrote up for my family member is actually around 1600-1800 calories ( i could be wrong though just going by calorie king!) as she has more weight to shift than me so therefore needs more fuel! :)
I wish i had a journal! JC is out of them and not giving them out anymore! :oops:

Court x
court

Postby PetraW » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Court,

what a great plan you have! I believe that eating like you have outlined is the only "diet" that can be sustained over long periods of time (lifelong?). Because you are still eating enough, you are not starving yourself, and you are eating lots of healthy stuff and drinking plenty of water. I do believe also that you have to try and stay away from processed foods - which is all in line with a low GI diet.
I have just started on a low GI diet and have noticed that when I stick with it (still struggling a little, but getting better), I do lose weight fairly easily, without struggling.
Well done!

Petra
Last edited by Jisgone on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed
PetraW

Return to Weight loss Talk