It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

whys this so hard

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

whys this so hard

Postby think - thin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 pm

To diet? I mean I want it sooooo bad but just keep giving up :roll: It really can get a girl down
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Re: whys this so hard

Postby MissSonia » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Nothing in life is easy :)
MissSonia

Postby stevo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Jessika,

Here are a couple of things to think about:

1. Do NOT diet. Diets don't work. Find a suitable nutritional plan that you can follow for the rest of your life. Here the link to one I posted earlier on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17561

2. Never go hungry. If your body needs food- feed it!

3. Do not cut out good tasting foods- simply save them for your treat day and really enjoy them.

Regards,

Steve.
Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.
stevo

Postby candycane » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Because sometimes eating is an addiction like smoking. You have to give yourself realistic goals to strive for, substitute things gradually for healthier food, eat food that is higher in fat/salt/sugar less. You don't have to cut out everything at once, just gradually lessen it.

Nothing in life is easy, relish the challenge!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby girlsunday » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

It sure can be,
I am an expert on upping and downing if an expert is someone who has done it countless times. It was always hard to do, I had to starve and starve, and that word was a word that I regretted ever having been invented.
I did learn a lot tho, sugar was the main culprit. When I cut out all sugar and most of my beloved fruit I got SKINNY. (Fruit is high in natural and GOOD sugars.)
Cutting out all sugar works like a dream but its disadvantages are that its hard to do and cutting out most fruit is not healthy.
Last edited by Jisgone on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spammmmmmm
girlsunday

Postby amouse » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:19 pm

losing weight is hard you have to change all your bad habits that kept you safe for so long and the minute some crap happens in your life you find yourself comforting yourself with food or just being to lazy to eat properly.

The thing is changing everythign about the way you live takes time.. you have to go fro couch potato to and active person.. and you have to think about everything you put in your mouth.. and whether its good for you or not..

If your anything like me you end up obcessing over getting it right and in the end make it hard on yourself so you stress and dont loose weight..

So whats the solution.. well i have plateued since hmmm november and my way of deling with that thus far is to just stick with what im doing... of course i could have said why bother its not working and where would i be now... i bet i would be back up to the 135 kilos i was b4 but im not im still 112..

And i believe eventually my body has to agree with my brain and beleive its doesnt need to be 112 kilos... there is no famine coming .. it can let go of its fat reserves.. lol...

anyway what im trying to say is make small changes dont jump in both feet make your changes slowly and then you wont feel like your missing out.. dont deprive yourself either.. have a treat once a week .. and enjoy being active.. find an exercise you love .. for me its aqau and swimming ... and the wii fit... i also walk and use the elliptical( sometimes... not in love lol) ... good luck in losing your kilos.. and finding a plan that will work for you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq07Col/]
[/url]
On your journey it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your destintation . What matters is getting there!
SW 135 kilos(nov 2007)
GW 70 something lol
CW 110.5
amouse

Return to Weight loss Talk