It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:34 am

Free Newsletter

Breakfast does it matter if?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Breakfast does it matter if?

Postby amouse » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Hey i was just wanting some opinions really ..I am looking into everything since i have now been platued since november last year lol ..

In the morning i am never hungry and prefer to just have a glass of milk or a banana /yogurt/ breaky bar / or shake
and not a proper breakfast .. im then actually hungry at morning tea.. which is when i have some cereal or toast or egg stirfy.. well ya know breakfast lol

but if i have nothing in the morning which yes i know is bad bad bad.. but ya know busy mum .. i dont get hungry until lunch .. and then im hugry all day.. lol .. yup stupid and i bet im not the only one that gets this if breaky is skipped..

my question is does it matter if i have have something small when i get up and something better later.. will this slow my metabolism...??? i do eat every 2-3 hours in the day but dont have a snack after dinner am not hungry .. what do you think?
On your journey it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your destintation . What matters is getting there!
SW 135 kilos(nov 2007)
GW 70 something lol
CW 110.5

Re: Breakfast does it matter if?

Postby Karnak » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Something little is better than nothing and your choices are healthy. The only drawback I can see is that you seem to be having Snack MEAL MEAL Snack MEAL - so basically two meals in a row ?. Also of all the conflicting advice with dieting one of the few things pretty much everyone agrees on is that Breakfast is important and one nana doesn't define breakfast

If I were you I'd increase the food you were eating in the morning over time (months, not days) so your body becomes more used to food first thing. I'm not a good breakfast person either so I tend to do things like blend 1/2 cup of museli with some milk and a banana or have a bowl of dry weetbix crunch things in the car to eat on the way to work.

Good luck :D

Postby mashoor1834 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 am

breakfast is the most important meal of the day so you have to eat it and maybe you wont be so hungry during the rest of the day so you dont have to eat so much.

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 am

amouse. I am an ex-smoker. I couldn't face eating breakfast when I smoked and had to learn to eat it so I appreciate where you are coming from.

Think about what foods you like and keep a good variety of them as potential breakfast foods. Dont limit yourself to "traditional breakfast foods" as your selection. You may even want to try a few things at another time of the day and imagine eating them for breakfast to get the taste for them eg. there are few cereals that I could stomach - by trying them during the day I found some cereals that I like so it is easier to convince myself to have them for breakfast.

When you get up think about the possibilities, hmm what can I eat this morning? and try to work out something you feel you can eat. Sometimes I have a small portion of a number of different items, sometimes totally different food each day, other times the same thing for days in a row. You need to be a bit creative and experiment until you discover what works for you. It hasnt been easy but was worth the effort as now I usually eat breakfast and aren't so inclined to binge later in the day due to be too hungry. Good Luck!!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Weight loss Talk