It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 am

Free Newsletter

The floodgates

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

The floodgates

Postby Kellicopter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Does anyone have an answer for this?

From waking up in the morning until the first food i eat of the day i dont think about food AT ALL. I can (but dont) not eat for a whole day and not think about it. Simillarly, once any food i have eaten has 'worn off' for want of a better word, I dont think about food at all either. But from the second food touches my lips and for the next 3 or so hours after I have eaten I'm literally crazy, I cant think about anything else except eating more food, chocolate, anything with flavour, anything I can get my hands on. Its serious torture, I cant work or anything! Why do I only feel this way when I'm seemingly in the digestation process? I couldnt care less about food at other times?

5 kg's to goooooooo. The hard 5 ;)

Re: The floodgates

Postby kristal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Wow, great question! I am exactly the same. I could go all day without eating but then once I have had breakfast, I cannot get food out of my head.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs

Postby court » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:04 pm

wow i cant imagine what that would be like! I am thinking about my breakfast when i go to bed at night! And i love every meal and look forward to the next one!
haha. No wonder I got fat!
Actually to be honest at my worst I coulda gone til lunchtime without anything - now i am like a machine if i dont get fuel every 3 hours i shut down!!!!

Postby Kellicopter » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Kristal sounds like you know what im talking about!

Hahah and Court i do think about breakfast in bed at night but only cos i've just eaten delicious dinner! ;)
5 kg's to goooooooo. The hard 5 ;)

Postby girlsunday » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 pm

What a bummer !
seems like there is almost another force trying to get you to do everything WRONG.
My suggestions are
1. Not thinking AT ALL about food till you eat smells like the drought mode thing. I call it drought mode as Im an Aussie farmer and we know drought. Seriously tho,If you habitually starve your body by making it go without for long periods of time it goes into drought mode. Now if you were a hungry sheep, goat, cow or donkey and you had been starving for a long time, too long. What would you as a sheep or donkey do if it rained for 2 weeks and there was a heap of juicy green yummy grass sitting right in front of you.? None of need to be rocket scientists to answer that one.
As a Admin Censored weightloss consultant a few years ago I met a number of young women whose doctors had told them that the reason they were so fat was because they were starving themselves for too long and when their bodies finally did get fed they would eat a lot; AND worse, they would store a higher percentage as fat because of the drought mode thingo.
2. This way of eating speaks to me of deficiencies, mineral and other nutritional deficiencies. Briefly this can cause sane and weird craving. If you would like to try something that would help heaps in this area, sea minerals and marine phytoplankton, you could look at (link removed by moderator) or read about it and other health and weightloss info on my blog at (link removed by moderator)
Hope this helps

Return to Weight loss Talk