It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:23 am

Free Newsletter

How do I get super skinny arms?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How do I get super skinny arms?

Postby Janeyc1983 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

I really want nice thi, dainty upper arms?

I don't have flabby 'tuckshop' arms (or whatever Kyle Sandilands kindly referred to arm flab as), but my upper arms are quite muscular, and I'd really rather they were nice and dainty and thin. If i do weights or swim, I find I get quite a defined upper body as I have an athletic frame, which I truly dislike!

Are there any exercises I can do to lose fat from this area? Or is it really a matter of just losing overall body fat, and it will go from there as well?
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Re: How do I get super skinny arms?

Postby court » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am

U can always talk to a professional - but from what i have learnt you cant really "spot train" - weight will come off from where it wants to! But I am happy with it coming off anywhere! haha. From my experience it is coming off everywhere at once - but especiially my chest, arms and waist.
Good luck
court

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 am

I agree with Court on both counts. Talk to a personal trainer about how to tone and shape your body through exercise. Pilates might be a good idea because it creates long, lean muscles rather than dense bulky ones. However there's only so much you can do. If you have a stocky or curvy build you will probably never have model-thin waif arms. The only people I know with those kind of arms have an ectomorph build. Mesomorphs (athletic) and endomorphs (curvy) simply don't have that sort of body structure.

It sounds like you have a mesomorph's body. Rather than fight nature it might pay to look up famous and beautiful mesomorphs. Demi Moore, Anna Kournikova, and Halle Berry are all mesomorphs and they're gorgeous! Who would want super skinny arms if you could look like those ladies instead?

For the record, I feel your pain. I have an endomorph shape, which means my upper arms and thighs are always going to be significantly larger than my lower limbs. I'll always be curvy rather than slight. Rather than being upset that I'll never look like Kate Moss I try to take comfort in the fact that I can look like Marilyn Monroe instead. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kristal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:59 pm

My upper arms are my worst feaeture and make me feel very self conscious. However I have resigned myself to the fact that it can be genetic. Both my aunts (on my Dad's side) and my dad all have the same bigger upper arms that I do. It just seems to be in my make. So I try to exercise them in different ways but I find they are slimming whilst losing weight over the rest of my body.

Some people just carry muscles and weight in different areas. I would actually kill to have defined athletic looking upper body - I guess everybody wants what they don't have!
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Return to Weight loss Talk