It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight watchers?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight watchers?

Postby Suzicles » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:33 am

I'm thinking about going to the weight watchers meetings once a week so help me loose weight as well.. but i know the meetings are rather expensive so i was wondering about any experiences anyone has had of weight watchers in particular.. if it helped or not.. if anything was more effective etc...
thanks! :D

Postby swans05 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:47 am

my ex girl friend went on it for a little while and lost 6 - 8kgs in 3 - 4 weeks just from the diet alone...i'm not sure if the points system is the best way as some foods have high carb contents and are high gi yet can yeild low points...also if you were to exercise reguraly with mod to high intensity say 4 times or more a week i'm not sure if you would be getting enough calories to fuel and recover from workouts

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:21 am

I have joined Weight Watchers on two seperate occasions, the first when I was younger, I found the points system easy to follow, and the meetings very inspirational and motivating. THe second time I joined, (about 8 months ago) was a different story. My leader was a doofus lol he would stand in front of the group and say oh, i gained 2 kgs this week because I pigged out and drank with my sons..... i thought, you are supposed to be inspiring me to be like you? :shock: aaarrgh lol I also found that the price had gone up, and found it expensive, when you look at membership, weekly fees, food etc. I also found with the points system that I had too much freedom (dont know if that makes sense lol) It was like because their motto is you can eat ANYTHING so long as its within your points, it made me justify that i had just had 2 icecreams and a bag of chips, cos it was "in my points" the last few months I had been continuing ww, but at home, and weighing myself once a week, which does take a lot of willpower and self control, but I feel really proud that I have been able to continue alone. :lol: So good luck whatever you choose (sorry so long xx)

Return to Weight loss Talk