It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Why do I look fat again?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Why do I look fat again?

Postby Michelle23 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi
I have been counting my calories for 6 weeks now and I have lost 6.4 kilos. I was going so well and I was on a high. I could already see and feel a difference in myself - I could see my waist coming back. I was so wrapped that I could see a difference already after on 4 or 5 kilos lost.

This week I lost 400grams, not much for me but it is still a loss so I should be happy, but for some reason when I look in the mirror this week I can't see the changes anymore, I look like I have put on weight but I haven't! I have my period this week, would this make any difference to how I look?

I am trying to be positive and get back my enthusiasm again, any ideas to help me out? ( I am still counting calories and exercising but I just feel bad......)

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6RaUn4/]
[/url]
Michelle23

Re: Why do I look fat again?

Postby Shalimar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Michelle23 wrote:Hi

This week I lost 400grams, not much for me but it is still a loss so I should be happy, but for some reason when I look in the mirror this week I can't see the changes anymore, I look like I have put on weight but I haven't! I have my period this week, would this make any difference to how I look?

Michelle

It sure could,there are a few girls here (myself included) that are affected by it.
Chin up, you probably will find out next weigh in you will have a decent drop (loss of fluid).
Keep at it and don't give up, you have done well :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Most women retain water when they have their period. This makes them appear 'puffy'. You're probably mistaking this puffy look for fat. And if you're anything like me at TTOTM you'll be feeling crap enough for this to translate into a major downer for you. Don't worry. The moment you're over your period your appearance will go back to normal.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Michelle
This is the same reason they say not to weigh all the time, we all have these little up & down things that can be quite undermining if we take them too seriously. High salt intake can also have a big effect, especially at TTOM.
As long as you stick pretty well to you healthy habits you'll be right. Congratulations for the weight you have already lost! Keep up the good work. :)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Michelle23 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Thankyou for your comments and encouragement. You have all really made a difference to me. I came home Friday and read your comments and I felt so much better & motivated again, and to top it off my husband came home and said how great I looked. Thankyou so much, you guys are such an inspiration.

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6RaUn4/]
[/url]
Michelle23

Postby Shalimar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 am

I'm glad you are feeling better Michelle :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Weight loss Talk