It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating then Sleeping

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating then Sleeping

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey everyone I'm just a bit worried about what i did, just wanted some confirmation on it.

I woke up early today and then got home around 1 and was pretty tired, but also hungry. So I had 3 boiled (with skin) potatoes, no butter. And I fell asleep right after I ate it. Just wondering if that would make me put weight on? Becuase I read that there are alot of carbs in potatoes.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Re: Eating then Sleeping

Postby Jisgone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Its all calories in vs calories out :)
your body doesnt mind when the calories arrive or how tired you are when you eat them!
calories dont discriminate :P
Jisgone

Postby BondGirl » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree with the above post.

I have heard digestion slows down at night so it might be a bit more uncomfortable to go to bed with a full belly.
BondGirl

Postby mashoor1834 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 am

It is might make you gain weight if you put more calories in then out but also if you go asleep right away then you have no time to burn them so it might become harder in the future to get rid of them.
mashoor1834

Postby Jisgone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Your body is burning energy 24 hours a day, your body uses energy to keep your body working while your asleep! if your body stopped needing energy i would advise you to go to a hospital because you might be dead :P
Jisgone

Postby court » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 pm

hahaha nice one jewels...
I think i read somewhere that your body actually burns more calories sleeping than say sitting up watching tv... hmm could be unfounded but yes in my experience I dont think in terms of "weight loss" eating before bed is an issue...only in terms of quality of sleep. Best not to have a huge pasta meal then hop into bed cos you might not be able to sleep! :?
court

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh cool... I always thought if u ate then went to sleep it would all turn into fat storage lol...
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:13 am

I'm sure I haerd recenlty that the barin burns up about 40% of the energy you use. So make sure you have exciting dreams!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Jisgone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 am

Basically... for every cell in your body to do anything it needs ATP (energy) and your cells get ATP from what you eat and what you have stored as fat, your body can break down carbs to get ATP the easiest, so when your body is lacking in energy you crave carbs because they are fastest way for your body to get the energy hit it desires. Your brain is still very much active when you sleep.. so it still requires ATP! so aslong as any cells in your body are still functioning your body is using up the food/stored energy constantly, awake or asleep!
Atleast i think thats what my uni lecturer was going on about :)
Jisgone

Return to Weight loss Talk