It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:40 am

Free Newsletter

what do you eat for breaky?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what do you eat for breaky?

Postby milo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:12 pm

I need some ideas that will fill me up
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg

Re: what do you eat for breaky?

Postby Shalimar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Mel :D , I usually have......porridge, cereal, prunes and yoghurt , an English fruit muffin with some low fat/low cal jam/marmalade, a protein bar , fruit toast and jam/marmalade, that's just off the top of my head. All these breakfast ideas are accompanied by a fruit smoothie with added fibre.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby Karnak » Fri May 01, 2009 2:17 pm

I tend to vary it between the following :

2 tablespoons of mushed avocado on 2 pieces of grainy toast (no butter) with balsamic ving and a spray of olive oil (this also works well on crumpets or muffins)
1/2 cup of bircher museli with frozen berries or canned fruit
2 weetbix with skim milk and a sliced banana (or berries)
2 tablespoons of low fat ricotta on 2 pieces of grainy toast and a small drizzle of honey
1/2 cup of Honey Bix (those bite size weetbix, I find I can eat it with my fingers when driving to work)
Up and Go (only if I am desperate for time or have a 3am start to catch a flight or something)
2 scrambled eggs with a small tin of baked beans (the 120g tin)
Blender Drink- skim milk, 1 weetbix (of bottom of packet dregs), 1 tablespoon each of LSA & Phylium Husks, frozen berries or Banana, tablespoon of yogurt

I also tend to add the phylium husks and the LSA randomly to breakfasts where I can

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 pm

I usually have an up and go, but if i feel like a treat on the weekend or something i sometimes have 2 scrambled eggs on 2 pieces of toast or on a muffin toasted.

Sometimes I like to shred and add some ham to my scrambled eggs as well, but only if i've allowed myself to indulge a little :lol:
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

Postby MissMinx » Sat May 02, 2009 12:34 pm

I have:

- Porridge, skim milk, water, flaked almonds, sometimes a few chopped prunes on top or honey
- Pancakes made with wholemeal flour and oats and topped off with some low fat cottage cheese or ricotta - yum!
- A yoghurt and a piece of toast with some eggs/mushrooms

Mainly the porridge meal weekdays as I cbb making the other things when Im in a rush to go to work.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)

Return to Weight loss Talk