It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

weight loss methods

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

weight loss methods

Postby michael » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm new at this and need a question answered. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Jon Gabriel method and Censored. As far as I know they are two different methods but on the forum they are listed together.
J. Gabriel book costs about $30.00 and has 1 cd, whereas the Censored costs about $ 150.00 and has 3 or 4 cds/dvds.
Can someone explain this to me ?
michael

Re: weight loss methods

Postby Jisgone » Fri May 01, 2009 12:03 am

Im not sure, but ive moved your topic to somewhere more people might see it :)
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 07, 2009 12:05 am

michael wrote:I'm new at this and need a question answered. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Jon Gabriel method and Censored. As far as I know they are two different methods but on the forum they are listed together.
J. Gabriel book costs about $30.00 and has 1 cd, whereas the Censored costs about $ 150.00 and has 3 or 4 cds/dvds.
Can someone explain this to me ?

The only reason they're in the same thread is that someone was comparing one system to the other in regard to both cost and methodology. The thread just took off as a place for people to discuss both systems. Beyond that I don't think there's anything similar between the two.

To briefly sum up the two systems, The Gabriel Method is a book and mind programming MP3 (the new editions of the books don't come with a CD. You have to go to the Jon Gabriel website and download an MP3 instead). It focuses on changing attitudes towards food and exercise. It doesn't prescribe a diet or offer recipes. It recommends dietary supplements, listening to the MP3 every night, visualisation, taking probiotics, eating 'live' foods and drinking lots of water.

Censored is a low carb system that requires you to eat many small meals during the day. It provides DVDs and recipes. It doesn't require strenuous exercise. It focuses on food rather than exercise to get results.

If you're not sure of what system to try I'd recommend giving both a go. See if your local library has The Gabriel Method book, that way you can borrow it for free and see if it suits you. If you visit the Censored site you can sign up for a free 30 day trial, or try some of the sample recipes they have online.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kel70 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi Micheal,
I have been on the gabriel method for about 8 weeks now, It is briliant for the mind matters it gets you back into a good head space with your body issues and such, Jon also recomends some excellent suplements and the CD is absolutely wonderful. The only problem I have with it is Jon says to stop dieting and eat what you want and your body and mind will soon decide it wants to eat "Vibrant live foods". Which is all well and good and I stopped craving any sugary "bad" foods and I am waking up with lots of energy and feeling great My weight however started to go up which Jon says is normal and weight loss will happen sooner or later.
I have however decided that I really wanted to start to see results, so last week I got the Censored method. With a friend.
The Censored method is very strict on what you can eat (The first 3 days protein ONLY). You weigh on day 1 and when you finiish protein days, then once a week. After Protien Days I had lost 2.2kg plus 2cm off everywhere and my friend had lost 3.5kg, haven't weighed in again yet but it was very motivating to see that much weight loss in 3 days.
I think Gabriel method especially the CD is making it easier to stick to the Censored method because it has stopped cravings for me so will continue to listen to the CD. I think that they are both worth a try.
Kelly
kel70

Return to Weight loss Talk