It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Starting again

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting again

Postby Frangipani7 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I went to the chemist the other day and bought some of those weight loss shakes and what a disaster!?!?!?! I had one for brekkie, one for lunch and by 3:30pm, I had to walk through the yard (I work in transport) and I nearly fainted. My boss said I looked very pale so I thougth it best to not take them anymore. I know that people say that you have to wait a couple of days to get used to them but I can't handle feeling like that.

Soooooo, I've rejoined Fernwood gym again yesterday arvo and I start Lite n Easy again on Wednesday next week. I've got my first gym intro this Sat, then the 2nd one next Wednesday so after that, I can start going nearly every day. I'm so excited to go back.

I'm hoping that with these combined, i'll get good results.

Just sharing my news :)
SW: 80.6kg
CW: 80.6kg
GW: 67kg's

Frangipani7

Re: Starting again

Postby Janeyc1983 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

I felt like that on my first day of shakes and am now on day 3 and it's not so bad. I think water intake is the key, and snacking on fruit.

Admittedly yesterday for breakfast I had my Kate Morgan shake with half water and half no fat milk, but the difference was marked and I made it through to lunchtime. I had another shake for lunch (with water) snacked on fruit for the rest of the day, and was able to manage an hour work out at the gym last night no hassles.

Lite n Easy is wonderful and I;m sure you'll do really well on it. The food is delicious (although I found there was too much bread in it for me, which generally doesn;t react werll in my body) but most of the food was delicious and you never get bored doing it.
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Riayn » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Shakes are a good way to lose weight quickly but they teach you nothing about the right foods to eat and the right amount of food to eat to lose weight and keep it off. Then again, I guess that is what the weight loss industry wants - repeat customers.

Congrats for starting on lite & easy and going back to the gym. Best of luck! :D
Spud On The Run - A Couch Potato's Guide to Weight Loss & Fitness
Rainbow Of Chaos - The Life of a Thirtysomething Geek Girl

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 73.8kg
GW: 67kg
Riayn

Postby Janeyc1983 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Um Riyan, I believe there is already countless threads where people have offered their opinion on shakes and I wonder why you feel the need to criticise others methods when clearly you are not an expert in the field of weight loss. If you were, you'd have no need to be here.

Like has been said before, everyone must try different things to find what works for them, and the purpose of this forum is to share ideas and support each other
YAY - in the 60's!

[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Riayn » Wed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Sorry to offend you Janeyc, I was only offering my opinion and nothing more.
Spud On The Run - A Couch Potato's Guide to Weight Loss & Fitness
Rainbow Of Chaos - The Life of a Thirtysomething Geek Girl

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 73.8kg
GW: 67kg
Riayn

Postby Janeyc1983 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:24 am

I just think all the shake bashers need to learn that its absolute rubbish that anyone who uses shakes puts all the weight back on. Not necessarily.

Anyone using any quick fix (shakes, Duramine) etc will certainly put all the weight back on unless they make permanent changes to their lifestyle including diet and exercise. Even Lite n Easy could be viewed as a quick fix as they prepare all of the food for you and unless you make a consious effort after coming off it to control portions and keep active.

I think quick fixes are fine to start off any weight loss journey AS LONG AS PEOPLE DONT RELY ON THEM as the answer to their problems, and as long as people learn the benefits of exercise and healthy eating. FOr some people, the shake mights just provide them with the motivation they need, ie to lose that first 10kgs to start them off ontheir journey.
YAY - in the 60's!

[/url]
Janeyc1983

Return to Weight loss Talk