It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Gabriel method

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Gabriel method

Postby Grannie » Sun May 17, 2009 7:14 pm

I have read the Gabriel method and found it very profound. I listen to the CD every night, have a picture of my ideal body. It has been 10 weeks now and to date nothing has changed. I fall asleep when listening to the CD. I need something to inspire me to keep on with this. I believe in what Jon says in the book. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it may not be working for me. I am getting desperate. I am 5'1 and I have a lot more to lose that 5 kg.
Grannie

Re: Gabriel method

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Have you changed your diet or exercise patterns much as a result of the book and CD? I like listening to it to help me get to sleep, but I find it's most useful in making you happier about eating fresh fruit and veggies and exercising more. It really helps in making behavioral change easier, but if you don't make the changes I don't think it would achieve much for weight loss.

I lost a couple of kilos initially on the Gabriel Method but my weight has plateaued now. The difference between when I was losing weight and now really came down to diet and exercise.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Gabriel method

Postby Grannie » Thu May 21, 2009 10:59 pm

My diet has usually been frsh fruits salads and the good foods tho carbs are my enemy. I walk about 3 ks every day. Thats new. Like jon says in his book my fat switch is still on and I dont seem to be able to turn it off. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. Grannie
Grannie

Return to Weight loss Talk