It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Online Grocery Shopping

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Online Grocery Shopping

Postby court » Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

I just signed up to buy my groceries online. Not only do I not drive and am moving to a distance 4kms from a grocery store (not walking distance!) but i thought maybe it would be good for weight loss! I figure I will be less likely to make impulse purchases - only thing is i dont have the benefit of reading the back of labels... i figure i have calorie king though as a back up! Does anyone have experience grocery shopping online? :D
court

Re: Online Grocery Shopping

Postby Riayn » Tue May 19, 2009 3:01 pm

When we didn't have a car we used to use ShopFast. I am not sure I ate any healthier at that time, probably because I was in denial about my weight, but shopping online was very pleasurable and nowhere near as time consuming as going to the supermarket.
Still I can see how it can be good for losing weight. No temptation and no chocolates sitting there looking at you whilst you wait at the checkout.
Spud On The Run - A Couch Potato's Guide to Weight Loss & Fitness
Rainbow Of Chaos - The Life of a Thirtysomething Geek Girl

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 73.8kg
GW: 67kg
Riayn

Postby Karnak » Wed May 20, 2009 10:49 am

I'm a huge fan of online shopping. It's generally quicker and your right about no impulse buys. I also think it tends to be cheaper too as online the specials are obvious or you can chose the item by unit-price so you chose the cheapest item rather than the one easier to see.

I actually do think it's healthier as I find I tend to plan more rather than just the rush around the supermarket with no memory of the list sitting at home. Also online I'll go through and count up the different types of vegies and the number of pieces of fruit I've got in my list whereas in reality I'll buy a bunch of this and a couple of that without much thought.

I used Greengrocer till it's demise and then ColesOnline and occasionally homeshop. I do tend to do a seperate fruit and vegie market shop once a week though.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby court » Wed May 20, 2009 11:01 am

hmm i got up to around $170 last night and decided to stop. I think going in store on getting bargains might be betetr for me! but i think i will order this one online as I am too too busy this week!! I think it will be something we do on OFF weeks when we dont have time to shop! But it got sooo exp for me last night! Oops!! :roll:
court

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 20, 2009 11:07 am

I just posted this in Court's personal progress thread, but I thought I'd copy it here for anyone who's interested in buying their groceries online!

Friends of mine had their veggies delivered to them for $25 every week and they loved it. It comes straight from the farmers so it's in season and it's quite cheap compared to the supermarkets, at least according to my friends. I think the company was Aussie Farmers Direct. I'll be seeing my friends this weekend so I can find out from them.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk