It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

Feed back on diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Feed back on diet?

Postby onthedecrease » Tue May 26, 2009 11:05 am

If you think that yourself thats fine, but when you publicly say it thats another thing, it just looks bad. I think that poster tried to help which is the main thing and not is whats in there signature.

Now to actualy answer Tia's question- wow such a tough choice going vegetarian I dont think i could do it myself. From your sample I agree you definatly need more protein- some great choices are eggs, legumes, nuts ect. Why not go to calorie king and put in your meal plan preferences as a vegetarian and see what sort of ideas they come up with for you, and just tweak it to suit your needs. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 am

hmmm I would love to become vegetarian~ but I love my meat too much as does my bf.

My friend is vegetarian and i know she takes alot of different vitamins to make sure she has enough of everything! maybe this is something you should consider too, if you have't already! :D

Is carley really tia? did i miss something!? :?
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

I agree that we all have different things in our sigs, and his is fitness related. But so is a lot of spam that we delete off the forum. Ten lines raving about his business borders on spam, at best being a shameless plug. A new member could be forgiven for thinking it was spam and for responding accordingly, after all we've never been kind to spammers. So the ten line plug is going to continually create problems, especially since he's the only PT here who feels the need to have one so long, and if he chooses to keep using it he's going to find himself explaining it quite a few times.

If he was using the sig simply to set aside his advice from the rest then 'Personal trainer since 1991' would be enough. If he wants to advertise his business on the forum, shades of grey with the forum rules aside, 'Forced Results' would be ample. Do we really need to know about his previous career in the army and every single competition he's entered since then? Ten lines worth?

Back to the original topic. Carley, I can see you're getting protein with most of your meals in the form of legumes or dairy. We don't know how much of them you're eating, though. I'd recommend three things. First check out the protein web page on Vegetarian Network Victoria. Look at what protein sources they recommend. Bear in mind that the table is based on 100g servings, not on the recommended serving size. And it only lists protein, not fat or calories and some high protein foods are high in all three (nuts for example). But it gives an indication of what foods have higher amounts of protein than others.

Secondly calculate how much protein you need per day. Some places recommend more protein than others. The Vegetarian Society recommends 45g per day for most adult women, the CDC recommends 46g. Weight loss programs usually recommend more, both because protein fills you up and (as Dane pointed out) because weight loss results in muscle loss. How much protein you need depends on your weight and activity level. If you sign up to Calorie King you can create a profile that will tell you how much protein you need in a day. It's on the high side, mine's 109g, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Thirdly, plug in what you're eating at Calorie King in your daily food diary. It will work out how much protein you're currently getting. If you find you're under the recommended amount look through the protein sources listed on the Vegetarian Network Victoria site that I linked to before and add some more protein to your meals and snacks. You might even consider adding whey powder to your diet since you're lacto-ova vegetarian. It's an easily absorbed form of protein and relatively low in calories an fat.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Janeyc1983 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:43 pm

All - I am sorry!

But in the same way some people are overly honest (critical) of others doets, weight loss methods, etc which I am not saying is the right way to go, I was simply expressing my opinion about what I thought was a bit of overkill in the signature...and also reading posts from the same poster, leads me to believe that the motivation is not as innocent as it seems and I guess I went a bit overboard in not thinking before I typed.
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Jisgone » Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Lets all just agree that hes a self-involved twat and end it there :)

He only comes around once a month or so and hes easy enough to ignore

I couldnt do a vegetarian diet! I nearly cried when i got braces because i thought i wouldnt be able to eat steak anymore :P
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 26, 2009 1:35 pm

We had a Sanitarium veggie roast last night and it was delish. Even my partner loves it. I highly recommend it if you want to try something a bit different.

I do sympathise with people who really enjoy eating meat, though. My partner could never give up his cooked piggies entirely.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Carley » Thu May 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank you for the great advice everyone. I'm only Carley, who is tia?
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby matchbox » Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 pm

i think they confused your name with your 'TIA!' (thanks in advance) :wink: :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Cool. If Carley's TIA can I change my name to 'WTF'? :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby [email protected] » Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Jewles,

Nice personal attack. Pity I have been shot at and blown up by the best in the Middle East so your pathetic comment won’t have me resorting to chocolate cake as a comfort for my hurt.

This self involved twat only comes around every now and then because I have goals which are not just ideals. I find that if I spend less time in front of a computer, I have more time to achieve my goals. I note you have been a member of this site for a very long time, have you reached your goals or are they just ideals? That is the difference between you and I. I don’t just write about what I want to do, I actually do it and do everything possible to make it happen, no excuses.

I judge commitment to achieving goals as a professional weight management consultant. It is no skin off my nose if you are overweight or not. You can take my advice or dump it and continue doing what you are doing, but there are some forum members who actually see sense in what I write and appreciate the posts I make or the PM’s I send.

I did not make you or anyone else fat. It was their choice, that’s the cold hard fact. Make as many excuses as you like, it is still an excuse and what separates winners from losers. It is still your choice what you do to your body.

I add to this forum on occasions because my experience in weight management can help people, I make a very good living from it. I also offer this advice for free when I have time and when I have reached ‘My Self-Involved” goals.

This is a journey that has reality and fairy-tale, the reality is if you want to lose weight, exercise and eat lean. The fairy tale is any other way. Its not rocket science and not impossible for anyone.

On a personal level why should I have to pay extra in taxes so someone can eat doughnuts or sit on a couch and watch TV. I love junk food and I love my Foxtel, but I love my health and body more (self-involved). I choose to eat lean, exercise and stay in shape. I don’t cost you any extra yet lazy overweight people cost me a tax payer $8 Billion dollars a year. Does that sound fair? Just recently the NSW ambulance service had to purchase 6 super sized ambulances at $150,000 each! The obesity problem is also hitting NSW Ambulances' air transport, with the service considering spending more than $60 million on extra-large planes. Maybe if people were more committed to losing weight that money could have been spent on other essential medical services like neo-natal care and saved some young life that hasn’t even tasted a doughnut.
[email protected]

Postby Amethyst » Fri May 29, 2009 11:16 am

I pity the child who has never had a doughnut.

And Jewels losing weight won't make everyone else lose weight so she can't be blamed for all your problems. If you don't like "fat people" so much Why be around them? Jewel's and others not liking your advice is their choice swo stop making a huge deal of it. Last I checked it was a free country. So just stick to the ones who appreciate you and leave the rest alone.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby BBgal » Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 am

I agree with you amethyst. People have hijacked a thread and now it is just about making comments back and forth.... both sides have been stated now... why cant it be left alone so we can keep a civil feel in a forum that is suppose to welcome people and make them feel comfortable to share their problems, questions and stories with out the fear they may start a war of words.
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Jisgone » Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 am

I say again, self involved twat. Every word he says just proves it more and more... :)
I guess he needs to come on here to try and drum up customers because his methods of insulting the fat people for being a strain on the country arent working so well at bringing the people in.
Oh and ive lost 60 kilos since joining this site, it may not make me a lean mean fighting machine like you but im happy :)
Jisgone

Postby Janeyc1983 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 am

On a personal level why should I have to pay extra in taxes so someone can eat doughnuts or sit on a couch and watch TV. I love junk food and I love my Foxtel, but I love my health and body more (self-involved). I choose to eat lean, exercise and stay in shape. I don’t cost you any extra yet lazy overweight people cost me a tax payer $8 Billion dollars a year. Does that sound fair? Just recently the NSW ambulance service had to purchase 6 super sized ambulances at $150,000 each! The obesity problem is also hitting NSW Ambulances' air transport, with the service considering spending more than $60 million on extra-large planes. Maybe if people were more committed to losing weight that money could have been spent on other essential medical services like neo-natal care and saved some young life that hasn’t even tasted a doughnut

Why is this even relevant?

This just proves what a revolting person you are - I suspected it was clearly lurking behind your "well meaning" comments just waiting to break free, and quite clearly whern you are irked the hatred and bile spews forth.

Exactly what Amtehyst said - if you don't like fat people Dane (if that is your real name) bugger off!
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Amethyst » Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 am

Wow 60. I'm impressed
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]