It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Free Newsletter

SureSlim Soth Aust in Administration

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

SureSlim Soth Aust in Administration

Postby cassie » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:39 pm

Just read this in The Age newspaper online. I wonder how many clients this will be letting down.

Twelve of South Australia's 18 SureSlim wellness and weight loss clinics have gone into administration with debts of $2 million.

Administrator Nick Cooper said it was likely the 12 clinics, which employed about 50 people, would close.

The group experienced trading difficulties after the owners of the national franchise also sought the protection of voluntary administration.

The affected SureSlim clinics in SA were at Adelaide, Prospect, Modbury, Salisbury, Morphett Vale, Hilton, Brighton and Glenelg in the metropolitan area.

Centres in Victor Harbor, Mt Barker, Lameroo and Murray Bridge in country SA also were affected.

Other country clinics at Gawler, Berri, Loxton, Waikerie, Mt Gambier and Naracoorte were not affected.

Mr Cooper said a review of the operations of the affected businesses would be undertaken and offers to purchase the clinics would be considered.

SureSlim was established in 1996 as a quick weight loss company but has since developed a more holistic lifestyle approach.

Clients are provided with eating programs taking into account their medical history, food preferences and lifestyle.

A meeting of creditors has been scheduled for July 13.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Business/ ... 54716.html
cassie

Postby Fairie » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:03 pm

I just found this out, went for my weekly weigh-in and the doors are shut. I spoke to the manager a couple of days ago and he said everything was fine. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone know of a good brand of scales to buy?
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi Fairie

I had recently checked out the choice site in relation to scales but these one also do body fat. The best buy is listed below:

PROPERT Glass Body Fat Electronic Bathroom Scale 3040 $79

Not sure how current the price is and if you are after stock standard scales for weight measurement only you could probably get them for less than that. That price is pretty good though for body fat scales as they are usually around the $200 mark.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

SURESLIM AUSTRALIA ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby SureSlimAustralia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:29 am

SureSlim recognises and apologises for any inconvenience caused to our South Australian clients by the recent closure of some clinics. This was due to the financial position of the business owners of the individual stores and in no way reflects the viability of our national operation. We are planning to have several of these clinics re-open in the next few weeks and several more in the medium term and look forward to helping our many South Australian clients continue on their weight loss and wellness journey.

We are implementing new strategies now that will leave the SureSlim business well positioned to help change the shape of our nation and improve our clients lives.

Thank you,

Geoff Adams

Managing Director

SureSlim 2006
SureSlimAustralia

Postby Groovychic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:58 am

So does that message from the managing director, in every thread about sureslim, make any of you feel any better???? But don't be too disheartened about it guys. Hopefully you will have all learnt the basics of the healthy eating and can continue on with your weight loss on your own. We are all here to support you in your quest for thinness.........hhhmmm is it double n in that one!!! :lol: I just hope that if you have all paid up front for their services that you either be reimbursed with monies back or if they do open their doors again, with the extra time that you have been inconvenience plus an extra few weeks for the trouble. But as we are all vulnerable to the corporate world, us little ones will get kicked in the guts yet again! But your best way to get a little back on them is to be able to lose the weight on your own!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby cassie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:36 am

I'm on another forum as well that is all SureSlim Support. A few people have called Head Office to find out when they are reopening and they were told no-one knows when or IF!

Seems the new managing director is all talk no action. So much for helping the little guys. :(

I have been browsing getting support and learning heaps, I will win the battle of the bulge. :)
cassie

Postby Skinny Minnie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:50 am

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been on the sureslim program and it is a great program. I have lost heaps of weigh and now feel healthy. I know it seems like they are going through a hard time but they will get through it as there program realy works. Dont be worried about joining them as they will always support you. I know they have for me. Also dont believe everything you hear and read.
I love the sureslim program it has changed my life :P
Skinny Minnie

Postby Aldebaran » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:39 pm

I use this calculator for determining Body Fat:

http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html

The best bathroom scales I bought were digital and cost me $10 last December from The Warehouse (marked down from $25 because they had a scratch). They compare exactly with a more expensive set of scales that I tested them against. They read to 0.5kg, but as far as I'm concerned if you want your weight more accurate than 1kg, then you'll have to have exactly the same hydration level, digesting food in your system etc each week (is that the most delicate way to put it?), otherwise you're deluding yourself.
Aldebaran

Return to Weight loss Talk