It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Kilojoule Intake

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Kilojoule Intake

Postby emma21 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Hey Everyone...

Starting on Saturday I started counting my kilojoule intake. There are so many conflicting kilojoule allowances in books that its hard to know what is accurate and what is not. I decided to use the table in the back of the Slimming magazine (with more than 20kg to lose it suggests a kilojoule intake of 7,325kJ a day). So far, so good.... I am adjusting to not eating all the crap I used to. I have pumped up my exercise each day and I am feeling great for it... I am not going to make anymore excuses...

What is everyone elses approach to kilojoule counting? Do you do it? What is your allowance each day?

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi Emma,
I started off doing the WW points but when they allow me to eat anything I always end up over indulging.

Because of our Weightloss Forum member Mike losing so much weight since Monday, I think tomorrow I'm going to go back to my Fats & Figures Book http://www.fatsandfigures.com.au/default.htm written by Karen Daily. It involves calorie counting and fat gram counting.
For a woman to lose weight she should only consume around 20-30 grams of fat and about 1300 calories per day.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:41 pm

I know you have health issues Dolly, that mean you can't consume a lot of calories, but I don't think 1300 is enough, especially if you work out. Your metabolism slows down heaps if you don't feed it enough. I have counted both calories and weight watchers points and decided that there is a lot of overlap. If I come in under points I'm generally within my calorie allowance too and vice versa. I haven't been counting exactly though, just trying to eat healthily. I think there's a calorie calculator on this web site and they're all over the place really, and it's recommended that to lose weight you consume about 500 calories a day less than you burn.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:16 pm

Hi Serena, I just checked Karen Daly's book and you're right, they do recommend taking in more calories
(because of my thyroid gland condition I'm unable to or I will be fit for a side show act at a circus)
but it does say the minimum amount of calories to be consumed if you wish to be 62.2 kilograms is 1625.
http://www.freedieting.com/calories_nutrition.htm

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk