It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Free Newsletter

A new technique for me

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

A new technique for me

Postby sandman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55 pm

I have just started a technique that i thought up a few days ago. I have an exercise and eating chart of my planned activity in each area.

I am writing this so that people might find this works for them. I have tried so many things and have failed, i am on medication which causes weight gain so I need extra help but here goes...

I have 2 charts made in Excel: Exercise and Diet. Both charts have a list of the dates down the left column.

Both charts work the same, they are made up of different goals all corresponding to the different days of the week. For example,for the exercise chart i have a column named "AM" and one named "PM" and list the exercise i will do for the morning and the afternoon and then fill the columns for each day with realistic exercise goals. This works the same for for the diet chart, the columns are date, breakfast, lunch, dinner. These are also populated with my planned intake, just as the exercise chart was populated with my planned exercise.

There are 2 columns added to the end of each chart: Successes and Failures. These are the key columns.

So i have my charts ready. I have a diet plan of breakfast = shake, lunch = shake and dinner = standard healthy (you can go into more detail if you like)

in the successes column today i have written: "resisted chocolate bar, good job!"
in the failures column i have written : "ate small packet of chips"

The exercise works the same sort of way but i just write down when i succeed and for how long and also if i don't do anything. I have found that i will sometimes do some light exercise so i don't have anything to put in the failures section which in the long run is a good habbit to get into.

Every time i go to deviate from the planned activities and diet i have to fill this in first and it is really amazing how it has helped.

So let me know what you think, i hope someone can get some help out of this. It is the first thing that has worked for me.

Re: A new technique for me

Postby Gordz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:03 pm

i'm a mac user.. i can only make pretty pictures and edit home movies :mrgreen:
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go

Return to Weight loss Talk