It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Free Newsletter

The added dificulty

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

The added dificulty

Postby sandman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 am

i finally accepted to myself the other day that although I take a medication that causes me to gain weight, i will not let that stop me from being a normal weight.

Anyone out there finding it hard to accept this or have been able to with something simmilar?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtuOQzZ/]
[/url]
sandman

Re: The added dificulty

Postby BBgal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 am

I feel this way about my PCOS, it makes me gain weight so easily so much so that in 6yrs I went from 45kgs to 100kgs.... I doubled myself!!!! But I have come to the realization that it wasn't making me fat, my denial and pure laziness did. I had the choice to do something about it but chose to ignore it... it simply wasn't going to affect me like others. Well when it affected my ability to be fertile, and I saw just how big I was in some family photos... I chose to say ...NO MORE!!!! since then 26kg+ have gone and I now have (sorry tmi) my time of the month like clock work. It is always there though... ready to help me gain a second butt if i start to slack off.... So this isn't. a diet its a lifestyle change
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Re: The added dificulty

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 pm

BBgal,

Your first sentence I thought "here we go another excuse". Well done on accepting that your lifestyle plays a big part in weight gain. Yes you have to work harder but I'm sure you're happy with the results and will reach your goal before you know it. Congratualtions. I have a couple of clients with POCS and they too have to work a little bit harder and watch what they eat. With the higher levels of testosterone, muscle builds quickly with resistance work and the muscle burns the fat. Again great work and an inspiration to all.

Dane
[email protected]

Return to Weight loss Talk