It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

I feel like a failure :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I feel like a failure :(

Postby skinnymini » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 pm

wow I just wanted to say that was really helpful info Dane as I am worried about plateuing too. Thanks! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Thankyou so much for all that info Dane, I will definately look at changing those few things you mentioned.

Thanks to all of you for your replies today, I really did feel like I had hit a solid brick wall but I truly feel refreshed and ready to take on the next stage! It is great to get the feedback.

Now off to find some high fibre, protein recipes or combinations to cook up for my dinners! :D
April 2009 I ramped up my weightloss efforts. April 2010 = Sexy Mumma!
Unicorn

Postby GayleMarie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I am not one to say, as before I got on this weight loss forum a couple of days ago, I was very low & felt like giving up, but I know one thing, & its the one thing that I struggle with, The key that gets people through these speed humps & succeed in their weight loss journey is.... DONT GIVE UP....keep believing in yourself, know you can do it. Also change your fitness program a little, even if you dont increase your workouts, shake it up a little, do 15 min less of weights & dance for 15 - 20 min instead, it tricks the body into thinking you are doing more or something. & it does make a differnce. You are doing so well, be proud of yourself & if you are loosing cm you are not failing , even if you didn't loose cm you are still not failing as you are still making a difference to your health (to your life). This journey is something you should commend yourself for. You are an inspiration to many people. Keep up the good work. It is so normal to plateau, I think its your body adjusting to the new slimmy you & regrouping for the next stage. You can do it. You are a champion.
take care
Gayle x x x
GayleMarie

Postby Unicorn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update.

I switched my weight training to the afternoon and did some cycling in the morning over the weekend. I also made sure that I was getting more protein and fibre into my dinners. I stepped on the scales this morning and I have LOST 750gms!!!! OMG, I was putting so much into what I was doing and I could not see the scales move at all. I changed the slightest of things and bang LOL, I lost some weight!

I am so happy I just had to share. Thankyou so much to everyone! I am under the 100 kilo mark and I am going to stay there! I don't want to go back!
:D :D :D
Unicorn

Postby Gordz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 pm

:D :D :D
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Well done Unicorn, it's a great feeling getting under the 100 kilo mark :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby BBgal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

WOOOHOOO WELL DONE!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby skinnymini » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am

that's fantastic unicorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby Julz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am

woohoo double digits! great work unicorn, keep it up! :D
Julz

Postby Janeyc1983 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

[email protected] wrote:Unicorn,

Just to let you know, what I suggest may need to be adjusted after a week or two. We will start with the morning. As soon as you wake up have a small glass of water. On an empty stomach do some cardio work, try to increase the intensity each and every time. Not sure of your age but try to get into the fat burning zone which is around 60-70% of your sub max heart rate. No weights in the morning, just cardio work.

Your breakfast is fine but you need to add some protein. Eggs would be ideal and organic if available.

Morning tea, drop the fruit for a few weeks and add nuts, such as almonds or macadamias. If almonds with the husk soak overnight or get blanched. These should be raw nuts. Maybe 20 grams of each.

Lunch - All good just add a little more tuna and chicken. Don't be shy on protein (there is a reason)

Afernoon tea - Yogurt can be the downfall for a lot of people, depending on the type. Have a look at the sugar content. I would skip the yogurt and just have the cheese and crackers. Make sure the craker are no or low salt (salt holds fluid in the body)

Here is where you need to train with weights. You body is fuelled has carbs and protein for everything you need to do. I know it is hard with the kids but do your best to get a session in around this time.

Dinner - Portion control is important - go for high fibre and good quality protein. No carbs!!!! Chicken, Salmon, Turkey and lean red meats.

If you want put in another cardio session here or just do some stretching or self awareness thoughts. Visualise you body in the making and think "What can I do tomorrow to get me closer to my goal"

If you need to snack before bed. Protein only, very important you have no carbs after your weight session. Hydrate before bed.

Tips. Don't drink anything 30 minutes prior to eating or after eating. Fluids dilute stomach acids which aid digestion.

Do this for two weeks and see how you go.

Dane :D

Hi, this is awesome advice and I'm going to follow it too if thats ok, especially in relation to the exercise
thanks Dane
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby Unicorn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi all :D

The past 9 - 10 days has seen me change my workout and increase my protein and fibre intake. I feel really good and my skin is looking so beautiful ( not sure if it is because of this but good anyway LOL )

I weighed in this morning and took more measurements. I have lost 1.2 kilos since making the change and since my last measurement I have lost another cm of my waist! I am going in to visit my doctor this morning and give him my updates as he has been monitoring me through my weight loss efforts.

I really just want to thank everyone again, this forum has really helped me stay on track and I feel amazing for it! :D :D :D
Unicorn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:40 am

Yay for you!! :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Julia68 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:56 am

I think losing centimetres is great. You're are looking better, I'm sure.
Julia68

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks Butterfly_dawn , Julia68.

My doctor was really happy with my improvements and he said that in the time since he had last seen me I had definately lost some weight especially noticeable on my waist and in my face.

Now to keep pushing on, through the cold days and nights haha it is freezing here!
Unicorn

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk