It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 am

Free Newsletter

I feel like a failure :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I feel like a failure :(

Postby Unicorn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Dane,

My training is going well! I was just at the pools this morning and I am still continuing with my all my other exercise aswell.

I am currently sitting just below 98kgs and I am very happy that with the changes I made I was able to get past the dreaded three numbers. :D
April 2009 I ramped up my weightloss efforts. April 2010 = Sexy Mumma!
Unicorn

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Morning everyone!

Weigh in now puts me at 97 kgs :D I am happy with how much I am losing and sort of relieved that it isn't happening too quickly, the gradual decline has made me feel so healthy and alot more confident in myself.

I changed my exercise again this week for a break up, focusing on all cardio instead of weights and cardio. So far so good :D

With counting my calories on CK and adding in my exercise to it, it obviously drops back the amount of calories consumed for the day. How much of the calories that I use up on exercise should I be eating back? Or do you not eat anything extra at all?
Unicorn

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 pm

I think they recommend eating back half the exercise calories (but don't take that as gospel), I personally don't eat any of them back unlesss I am actually hungry, to me it sort of defeats the purpose of exercising but I am no expert. Just my thoughts anyway :) .

A big well done on your loss :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kitten1986 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 am

STOP WEIGHING yourself!!!
If you are losing cm's and your clothes are getting looser then you are absolutely not a failure!
Your goal should not be centered around a number of kgs but about how you look and feel. I bet your body is loving you for looking after it so well with fantastic diet and exercise.
anyway you will have been losing fat and gaining muscle and muscle weighs 1.5 the amount that fat does
keep going and the weight will budge eventually
kitten1986

Postby Unicorn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks Shalimar, I try not to eat back anything but some days especially when I do any sort of weights I get hungry.

Hi kitten, I have noticed a huge difference in my clothes and in the mirror, my body shape is definately changing even if the scales don't agree LOL.
Unicorn

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I know how you feel, after I have exercised I get hungry particularly if I haven't
eaten for a couple of hours prior to exercise :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Tiffany_Amb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:25 am

Hi there...

Am new here and would like to contribute some helpful pointers too....

Actually the key about succeeding with weight loss ( or fat loss to be exact ) is to make it a kind of lifestyle..

So that you can enjoy the process " casually " without forcing yourself to do it...

That's because if you force yourself to do something...it would not last...

So what if you can lose 30 pounds now by forcing yourself with those diets....exercise...pills....etc..

You will not maintain that for long because that is human nature....

As long as you know that successful weight loss ( Fat Loss ) is all about " effectively " allowing your body to tap into the fat source for energy...

And using proven technique to help you achieve it without feeling so " being force"...

You will enjoy the entire process and yet get " slimmer .....more toned " day after day....bit by bit...
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed advertising link from signature
Tiffany_Amb

Postby fijigirl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:18 pm

you are having the problem because your system is full of toxins. Toxins are deposited in you fat cells. Because you are in a daily toxic enviroment (just like every one els) you will continue to have the problem.
What you need is a good cleanse of the whole body system " through Nutritional Cleansing" and your problems will be solved. By cleansing you will automaticly shed killos.
I was introduced to it 2 months ago and have shed 25 kg in 6 weeks through the clenase.
If you kike I can get the lady that introduced me to have a chat with you. Just PM me when your ready.
fijigirl

Postby willwong » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 am

Well done! :mrgreen:
Last edited by court on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam
willwong

Postby Princess_Lissa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Wow, this was a great chronicle of your triumph, dearie.

First you felt like you were a total failure, and now you're reaping the benefits of what you have worked (and are still working) for. Kudos to you!
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Princess_Lissa

Postby Unicorn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Thankyou for all of your replies :D

Just thought I would give an update!

My learning curve with good and bad foods is continuing and my body, skin and nails are looking and feeling much better :D Today I weighed in at 95 kilos!!!!!! Which is a massive achievement for me. I went into a clothes store the other day to try on a few items and was sooo shocked :shock: I picked up a size 14 jeans and thought it was never possible that I would get them over my butt :lol: But they did! I was so happy, and I felt so determined to keep on going.

My husband has been a fantastic support for me and I really like feeling comfortable and flirty again with him when we go out together. The change has helped me feel alot more confident with my relationship, and definately more secure ( this was all in my own head before, even if he said he loved me I always felt like I was letting him down somewhat). We have started going for long bike rides again and bringing my two kids along with us. This week I managed to complete a 10km bike ride along the beach, something I know I could never have done before.

Onwards to the 10 kilo weightloss mark since kicking this into gear. Hopefully I will get there by the end of August.

Over and out :D :lol: 8)
Unicorn

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Fantastic work, Unicorn. It's great that the size 14 jeans fit you now. You're doing really well!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 pm

WELL DONE!!!! Good on ya, keep it up :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk