It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Lose weight faster with a smart cheat meal

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lose weight faster with a smart cheat meal

Postby kateden » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:19 pm

When you’re eating right for your body every day it pays to mix things up now and then. A carefully planned cheat meal increases your body’s ability to oxidize branch chain amino acids (important for maintaining muscle tissue and keeping food stored in your muscles rather than as fat) causing a metabolic reaction that has you burning fat faster for at least 48 hours afterwards.

Here's how you should do it:

* A cheat meal is a meal, not an evening. Or a day.
* This means that you need to decide in advance what you’re going to eat, put it on the table, and enjoy. But once that booty leaves the chair, it’s over. No heading to the cupboard for sneaky treats (which probably shouldn’t be stored there anyway!) once the food has settled.
* You can’t eat your cheat meal until you’ve consumed 100grams of animal protein. No ifs, no buts. (This ramps up your metabolism and stops you storing all the cheat food as fat)
* If you go too crazy, it’s entirely possible to undo a week of good eating in one night. Be smart about your cheats. Don’t stuff yourself till you can’t move, and always include some form of fats to slow down digestion. Cheese or cream-based pastas are better than tomato-based. Chocolate almonds are better than sugar candies. Ice-cream is better than sorbet.
* Once the meal is over, it’s over! And that’s it for at least 6 more days.

Oh - and it should go without saying that a cheat meal only works if you’ve been eating clean the rest of the week. And I mean completely. Happy cheating!!
kateden

Re: Lose weight faster with a smart cheat meal

Postby court » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 pm

There might be some benefits to doing this but i dont know it just seems that it would be a better idea to eat balanced, healthy food and occasionally treat yourself to something yummy than to plan to sit down and "cheat".. dunno, just my 2c.
court

Postby Gordz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:39 am

i'm with you court... If I eat something at the wrong end of the pyramid, it's because I wanted to, not because I planned to :?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Carley » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I do not eat meat so this would not work for me, and eat little dairy. I really do not see the point of cheat meals, they seem pointless to me.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby kateden » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 pm

The benefits are that it's proven to maximise body fat loss beyond simply eating 'healthy' each day, but it's not about going crazy, it's about giving yourself a night off, i.e. if out for dinner .. and those points will simply help you do it 'smarter' .. but if you don't eat meat and dairy I'd seriously consider doing some detailed research on weight loss. Overwhelming evidence points to the fact that the typical food pyramid or so-called healthy diet is far too dominant on grains and fruits .. the whole concept of fat and animal protein as a baddie is based on one study from the 1950's, which has since been proven wrong. In fact, it was actually never properly reported.
Long story short, we are designed to thrive on the foods that nature provides, and grains are not one of them (they've only been farmed for 10,000 years) .. meat and fat is where it's at if you want to lose weight but also enjoy optimal health and prevent long-term illness/disease
kateden

Return to Weight loss Talk