It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Hypnotherapy??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Hypnotherapy??

Postby SarahC » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Has anyone tried using hypnotherapy?

I have a self-hypnosis CD which I have been listening to every night for the last six weeks or so. So far, I can't really say that it's been that successful as I am still overeating nearly every night. The more I tell myself not to, the more I want to... and the more I do!!!

Thought that the self-hypnosis would help, but maybe I'm not doing it right (nine times out of ten I fall asleep before the end!)

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences? Or any pointers to offer?
SarahC

Postby cassie » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:21 am

Hypnosis is great for many things, unfortunately weightloss is not one of them, especially self-hypnosis. There are so many issues surrounding why people are overweight, emotional eating, victims of circumstance, foodaholics, syndrome X, bad eating habits etc...You need to work on the reasons first and then hypnosis may be of assistance. A good NLP coach or Life coach can help with that and then go back to your CD's.

Falling asleep is supposedly not a problem as it gets into your subconscious and still works. Don't give up but start looking at why you are overeating as well.

Cheers
cassie

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Cassie is correct there are many outside reasons that could be a contributing factor to our weight gain, however if you know it's just a case of loving to over indulge in tasty, fatty or sweet food, then your body will work to a form of hypnosis.

I remember watching a lady on TV who had an obsessive need to eat chocolate every single day. The hypnosis guy went to her house and got her to sit with her eyes closed and asked her to visualize the the yummy smooth creamy chocolate.
Then he said, now think of the most revolting thing you can possibly think of, and she said vomit.
He then said okay, the main secret ingredients in all chocolate is vomit and greasy hair off the hairdressers cutting room floor.
He then said everytime you think of eating chocolate, remember what the secret ingredients are.
This instantly worked for her. It has even worked for me too :shock:
Last edited by Dolly on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Wow, thanks guys for the great advice :D
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk