It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Maintaining weight when sick!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Maintaining weight when sick!

Postby Janeyc1983 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi all,

for the past few days I have been sick, with a cold, and I am not actually feeling too bad, but with endless runny nose and sore throat, not really in a position to exercise!

I am also craving comfort foods like chocolate and toast..... I am trying to be good, and really don't want to go backwards!

HELP!! Any ideas for light exercise I can do while sick that won't make me worse or spread germs around at the gym?

I was going well and am currently at about 69.5kg.....(pretty good considering I behaved really badly after a few days on holiday!)
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Re: Maintaining weight when sick!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Go for a gentle walk (away from people LOL)?
Do some pushups (with a pile of tissues under your nose for the drips)?

Just take care of yourself. If you just give yourself a break for a day or two till you're feeling better you'll probably get better more quickly. If you feel up do doing some small stuff, just do that. Maybe some tricep dips off the side of the couch in the ad breaks for the midday movie or whatever.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Julz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:18 am

I had this problem for the last couple of weeks too, I survived by indulging in lots of jarrah chocolait hot choccies, homemade soup, wii fit, long hot spas and definately no weights already felt too sore all over. I hope u feel better soon :)
Julz

Postby longy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

I've had the same thing for the past week or so, and I really didn't feel like doing any exercise at all. I actually thought it was best to listen to my body, as it's one that LOVES exercise, and it was saying "Just 2 more hours on the couch"....so I did. The weight can wait another week for me!!!! In the meantime, I drank lots of water, (added some lime slices to bump up the taste meter!) and some herbal teas, ate heaps of veggie soup and when I got sick of that, I had a brief obsession with eggs, but I'm over that now :oops:

I think when you're sick it's best not to do anything to strenuous, maybe a gentle walk or just pottering around. I found it enough just be doing my day-to-day stuff and was exhausted by the end of the day. This whole journey is about being GOOD to your body- so when's sick, you've got to take care of it.

Hope this helps, and you get better soon!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Return to Weight loss Talk