It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Winter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Winter

Postby Sussy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Now it's Winter I'm packing on my winter coat as usual :roll: how do you stay motivated when you get up and it's FREEZING and you look out the window and it's misty, foggy, cold and wet?

Just excuses i know but it's the same for me every year, then when the weather gets warmer again and i feel so uncomfortable in my "Winter coat" i start to get back into it. Stupid and pointless but always the same.

HELP!
Sussy

Re: Winter

Postby court » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Exercise DVD's!!! Just found them myself! Whack on the heater and have your own Bikram session! :lol:
court

Postby Gordz » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 am

excercise in the warmth of your own home at night? then when you look out the window, all you see is black and you'll feel glad to be inside! 8)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Sussy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I really want to do this, but i'm really struggling and keep reaching for the 'comfort' food. It's so easy to say "i'm gonna DO THIS!" when i have a nice full belly full of lolls and choc. :oops:
I get all determined then as soon as i get hungry i head straight for the crap.....it's bad coz i actually like the food i eat when i'm losing weight, it's just getting on the initial band wagon. :roll:
It's embarassing coz i eat all the goodies then when my hubby and daughter come home and say "where's such & such" i have to say "i ate it" it makes me fell really pathetic, but funny how it doesn't stop me...why is that?

I've resorted to putting pictures around the house of how i want to look, but i think this depresses me coz it seems so far away. I think i'm going to take photos of myself and put THEM around the house so i can constantly see what how i'm much weight i'm putting on. Blah. :oops:

Sorry, more excuses and just thinking out loud...... thanks for the tips.
Sussy

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi Sussy, I hope you don't mind my asking but are you actually gaining or have you come to a bit of a stand still?

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Aims21 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Sussy,
I know exactly what you mean and am feeling exactly the same re: food.
I always mean well when once i have just pigged out, but once I'm hungry i hit up the choccies again!
It is hard in winter to stay on track, but i guess we just need to focus on our goals and know that a few little slip ups are ok as long as we get back on track.
Good luck with your weight loss.
Aims
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnGjz3G/]
[/url]
Aims21

Postby Aims21 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:37 pm

OMG sorry to hijack your thread here Sussy, but i have to let this out....
i started today so well. some porridge and goji berries and rice milk, and for morning tea - hommus and rice crackers....
come lunch i had a salad roll, and then i went back out again in the pouring rain for Hot Chips (a huge bag loaded with salt) and then i just had a kit kat chunky - what is wrong with me??? i know i am doing the wrong thing but i just cant stop!!!!!!!
thanks for listening
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnGjz3G/]
[/url]
Aims21

Postby Sussy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey Aims, no probs. I hear you loud and clear.

I started today really well too, with my cereal, yogurt and banana, and began my day thinking "i'm gonna do this, it's easy, i don't want crap" only to talk myself into such a "feeling great" state of mine that i came home to eat Doritos, nutella, choc bics, lolls and cinnamon donuts, because i felt so good!!?? :shock: Der

I don't know why and i swear i can almost feel it sliding down to my hips and thighs to stay there in a big fat wobbly blob.

I don't know the answer. Maybe a massive kick up the ass, even my husband who quips we need a food safe and that i'm "chubbo" doesn't seem to be helping. (Followed by "i don't care what you weigh, i love you for who you are, not what you weigh" so he's not all bad :) )Usually this sort of remark would make me feel so embarrassed that i'm shamed into getting back on track. But nope. Sometimes i have to keep trying and failing until i eventually get it. Let's hope i succeed VERY soon.

Sue: no, i'm not staying the same i'm gaining, since we went OS where i put on weight while away i can't seem to get it off and am continuing to gain. I feel a bit out of control, my head seems to whirl and i'm constantly thinking about my weight...maybe i'm going slightly crazy hehe, actually, no i always was...haha

Wish i knew what to do, and how to get my mojo back and become a "loser" again.

Sorry, i hate pity parties but this is my way of getting it out.
Sussy

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear it Sussy, sorry I can't offer any advice as I have so far managed to avoid the binge/craving monster. I hope you get things back under control very soon. Good luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby longy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Sussy, hope you don't mind me butting in here, I guess it's what we're all here for!!!

I grew up with a saying "It's easy to get things into our head, but it's hard to get it into our lives". So essentially, deciding to take the weightloss journey is the easy step (a significant one, no doubt, but definitely the easy part!) but actually doing it, well, that's another story. I've really taken notice of it in the past few weeks- I KNOW it's going to be difficult. Whether it's through food or exercise, every single day is presenting a number of challenges for me, and each time something presents itself I consciously have to MAKE A DECISION. "Is this getting me closer to my goal?" If it's not, then maybe I need to re-assess whatever action I'm about to take. Sometimes I don't do it. Sometimes I make choices that don't help me get closer to my goal. But sure enough, another challenge comes right along to fill it's place...so I have to ask the question again "Is this getting me closer to my goal?". I've found that if I ask myself this question every time a challenge comes along, then the number of times I resist the naughty temptation increases. I might not resist every time, but it's all about baby steps. I might resist once on Monday, but then on Tuesday, when I'm proud that I resisted something, I might be buoyed enough that I can resist twice...

I know this is a bit of a mish-mash so maybe this is better:
:arrow: Write a plan- even if it's only for one week- what action will you take this week to get closer to your goal?
:arrow: Make small changes each week- if you try to cut out everything food-wise in the first week, it's very very difficult!!!! Make it easier on yourself- perhaps cut out soft drink OR chips OR lollies week 1.
:arrow: You haven't failed if you slip up...you've just slipped up- you'll get another chance to prove you can do it, as soon as the next challenge presents itself. Don't let challenge weaken your reslove- let it strengthen you!!!!
:arrow: Know you have a lot of support right here!!!! I know I get tempted either by bad food, or by the cosiness of the couch or the call of the computer, but now I know I can come here to get motivated!
:arrow: Everyone says it...but DRINK WATER!!!!!! You'll be amazed at the difference 8 glasses of water a day can make in so many areas. Make it your focus for the day.

I hope I haven't overstepped Sussy, but you seem frustrated! These are some things that have helped me- good luck!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby electrongirl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 am

why not make up some low calorie snacks to have on hand when your feeling peckish eg:

carrot & celery sticks with salsa
salad with low fat dressing
vegie soup
diet jelly
nestle diet desserts
pretzels
rice or corn cakes

Having healthy things to snack on and getting rid of the bad snacks will help big time!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby court » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 am

MAKE A DECISION. "Is this getting me closer to my goal?" If it's not, then maybe I need to re-assess whatever action I'm about to take. Sometimes I don't do it. Sometimes I make choices that don't help me get closer to my goal. But sure enough, another challenge comes right along to fill it's place...so I have to ask the question again "Is this getting me closer to my goal?". I've found that if I ask myself this question every time a challenge comes along, then the number of times I resist the naughty temptation increases. I might not resist every time, but it's all about baby steps.

here here longy! This is how i get through the tough times.. I have a mental image of me in a bikini!!! :D
court

Postby Sussy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks guys, all fantastic advice.

Today is a new day and i'm in a positive frame of mind. Hoping to maintain it throughout the day and have decided to get through one day at a time, i'm in no rush. I've got my food diary out to write down everything i eat and have done 20mins on the treadmill this morning, 100 squats a tiny bit of arm weights and will take my son for a walk in the pram when i get back from dropping my daughter at school and hopefully will get another 15 mins on the tready when my son goes for a nap.

I have some sayings i'm trying to keep going over in my head 1: I will be slim and healthy. (positive thinking instead of hating myself for failing) 2: Save yourself the grief and JUST DO IT!!!! 3: One day at a time 4: Stop SAYING it and start DOING it.

I know how much better i feel and how much more in control i feel when i'm eating healthy, exercising, being healthy and living healthy.

Hopefully this will all work and i'll be losing again REALLY soon.

Thankyou again, i really appreciate and NEED the support. :D
Sussy

Return to Weight loss Talk