It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Postby Hayleyd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Hi all,
Well Im Back-I have still been checking in on you guys and Im so proud of you Hayley.
But back to me......was just about to reheat and eat a slice of pizza when my husband said...good diet your on, you do know your getting fatter dont you???
Well yes einstein I do know, I did see a new chin in the mirror this morning and I can feel my body!!
Guys I just cant do it.I cant stop eating crap.The worst thing is my husband is right and he is getting sick of my attempts and failures-I have been trying for 4 years!!!!
I want to do TF but dont have the $$$
Can anyone help????????
Any simple basic eating plans??????
I am feeling so low
:cry: hayleyD
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayleyd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:13 pm

My ticker graph is very very wrong at the moment as I've put weight on and then some :(
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:51 am

OOOOOOOO Hayley I really do feel for you. I have the same problem with eating junk food!!! When you are so used to eating it, you have such a problem to stop. Think of it the same as smoking or being an alcoholic. Its an addiction. The only way I am managing to maintain my 68kgs at the moment is because I work about 10 mins out of town, don't get a lunch break and there is no possible way I can get anything to eat except whatever I bring. So I take stuff like carrot sticks, a tomato sliced up with some small slices of cheese mixed together with some cracked pepper on top!...damn nice that is, an apple, a pear, a mandarine...mind you that has been in my bag for the last few days!!!! But I just take healthy stuff. Problem is, I get home and eat. I generally grab a cup of tea and a few biscuits or cake or crumpets!!! Yesterday I ate 2 pieces of toast and had a few rice crackers. Yesterday was probably a better day for food after work. Also I get home at 4.15 so it's too early to start organising dinner, and too late for the afternoon snack. I tend to snack on the good things at work but then come home and find whatever I can that isn't so good!!! I just need to keep away from bread. It's one of my biggest fall backs. I love bread unfortunately, but it makes me put on weight like anything!!! So if I cut out the afternoon binge and inserted a walk instead I would do wonders I am sure!!!! Except whilst having that afternoon cup of tea and something to snack on I am normally running around doing the stuff that I used to do during the day. I get really grumpy if the house is a mess. Unfortunately the old boy was home yet again yesterday cos it was pissing down and he couldnt go to work, and the house was a mess, yet again!!! I get so angry with it. I haven't spoken to him since I said good bye yesterday morning!!!! O and he was meant to cook dinner last night seen as I was working and he wasn't. Well he went for beers at the yard and didnt get home til just after 6. I was ready to eat one of the kids by then!!! So I started dinner before he got home. And of course finished cooking it even when he got home! I don't know if anyone else's fellas are like this but I have noticed that I(as a woman of course) always think of others first. But him(being of the male species and assuming most men are like this!!!) puts himself first. He goes on about how selfish my mother is and then I think hang on you are worse!!!! He cooked his lunch yesterday, happened to be crayfish that we had in the freezer, managed to get splatters all over the bench, cooktop and tiles on the splash back, didnt bother to wipe it down and left all the dishes everywhere!!! Couldnt be bothered even putting them in the dishwasher!!!!
Geez Hayley I have gone so off track here!!!! I am sooooo sorry but I had to vent that. He has pissed me off immensley this week! And is not the least bit helpful when it comes to weight loss at all. Dont know if your hubby is like that. Mind doesnt try to help with things around here so I can fit that walk in. Its either get up at 6 in the morning and go in the pitch black or dont go at all basically. And I mean pitch black cos there are no street lights here!!! I once read somewhere that this woman got herself one of those snap lock bags and put like a week's worth of choccy or lollies in it, that she would allow herself. And that was for the week. So she spread it out of the week. Once it was gone tho she didn't get anymore until the next week. I don't know if you would want to do that. But maybe get one of those packs of mini mars or milky ways or something and say right that is mine and I will allow myself one each day. But just eat it slowly. So you are really savouring the taste of it. Geez I just looked at the time. I am going to be late for work if I don't get off my butt now.......so more later. And Hayley if you need a buddy I can give you my email address or mobile phone number or something so you can text me when you are feeling really distressed about eating something really bad!!! If I can help in any way please just ask! Take care mate.
Rochelle :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:22 am

Here's my thoughts for what it's worth....

1. First thing that jumped out at me when I was reading your post: you said you CAN'T stop eating junk food. Maybe, whenever you catch yourself having that thought, try replacing it with "I CAN...!". I you tell yourself that you "can" enough times, then you WILL be able to! :D
Just be aware of your thoughts... then change them to suit yourself.

2. Could you actually throw out all the junk food in your house? Or give it away to someone?

3. The question about diet plans is actually answered in the question... simple and basic!
I was listening to a really great speaker, Randy Gage, not so long ago. The topic was not related to diet per se, but I did get a really great idea from it. It's the REAL FOOD diet! Anything you eat, ask yourself... is this "real food"??

Real foods might be:
- Fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, etc)
- Fresh veggies (carrots, beans, broccoli, etc)
- Nuts & seeds
- Wholegrain breads and cereals... not processed/refined stuff
- Proteins (meat for the carnivores - yuck, good stuff like lentils, beans and chick peas for the vegetarians! I'm not biased :lol: )
- Anything that is as close to it's original form as possible!

Foods that are NOT REAL FOODS might be:
- Cake (carrot cake does not substitute for carrots!)
- Biscuits
- Lollies (regardless of what fruit they resemble!)
- Fast foods and greasy takeaways
- Sugary soft drinks
- Anything highly processed... made in a factory

4. This is what I'm doing at the moment... maybe it would help:
Write down your goal. How much weight you're going to lose, when you're going to do it by (an exact date!) and how you are going to achieve it. Put it in a conspicuous place in the house, and read it, possibly aloud, at least twice a day... once just before going to bed, and once just after waking up, that way it sinks in.

Hope this helps! Best of luck... and you CAN do it :)
SarahC

Postby garn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:00 pm

Hey there...

My biggest issues are Rum & Coke, Salt and Vinegar Chips and Musk Sticks...yum yum yum

Anyway i have made a promise to limit alcohol to one glass per sat/sun until a date in late august that i go away for the weekend.
The chips is a all or nothing deal sadly...cant just have a few, so ...its a nothing deal....no chips at all...i replace them with a chuppa chup...keeps the mouth occupied for a while and then i have found something else to do by the time i am done...
musk sticks...another nothing deal..i just love them.

I bought a jigsaw puzzle to have something else to do when i am at home after dinner and its something else to focus on. My 'bad' part of the day is after work but before i have finished preparing dinner as i used to snack a lot in between!

I believe you can do it, i get very little support from my husband so when i am down, i turn to everyone here and read their stories..it gives me a boost and renews my will power.

PS... Dont put yourself through a guilt trip if you do have a slip up....we all have them!!!! Especially if there are Musk sticks around...yumyumyumyumyum....mmmm hungry now ...ack
:wink:

take care
anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby garn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:08 pm

HI,,,,forgot to mention ..next time you husband says something like that..smile sweetly and thank him for considering you health and well being.....REALLY THROWS THEM OFF.....then i guess decide if you really want it...... tends to take away the yumminess of what your about to eat when you get a comment like that....

Anita :)

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:27 pm

Wow guys thank you so much for taking the time to help. Rochelle thank you for your reply-I loved it!
I had a reasonable day today. I joined a gym recently,havent been going much but did make an apointment for an assesment for next wed (the soonest I could get in) I am hoping that this will get me back into the groove.
I think I know what the problem has been and that is I left this site for a little while. I thank you all so much for caring and thank you Rochelle for offering to be my "Buddy" I really cant express how happy that makes me.
SarahC I think you are totally right..real food is best and I think I will stick to that. I cant throw out all the junk food but I CAN avoid it!
I will re weigh myself tomorrow am. i am scared but hopefully it will give me the motivation.
You know the sad thing is I once thought Id take the "I'll do it for my son" approach and I even failed that.Bloody hell I'd rip out my heart and give it to him if he needed it but I cant loose 20kgs for him. i guess his unconditional love doesnt help if you know what I mean-he's only 3 1/2
Again thank you guys and I'll be back...
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayley » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi Hayley D, it's so good to see you're back on this site with us again - we did miss you, that's for sure.

The whole weight loss issue can really get you down - I know from personal experience. For me, I have to be in the right frame of mind to lose weight and I have to really WANT to do it for me, otherwise I won't lose a thing!

At the moment, TF is the right thing for me - I want to lose weight for myself, for my 3yr old son and so I can have another baby.

Don't stress out too much, you'll get there. It's fantastic that you are a member of a gym cos that's such a good way to lose it and tone up at the same time.

I can totally understand what you must feel like when your hubby is unsupportive. Luckily for me, Cameron is very supportive of my efforts on Tony Ferguson - he even eats what I cook for myself for tea (and I don't think he likes much of it but he doesn't say anything cos he doesn't want me to feel bad and have to worry about cooking a separate meal for him). If you are still interested in the TF diet, maybe you can follow their maintenance plan until you can afford the sachets again?!? Just a thought.

Don't forget that there'll always be someone on this forum who's here for advice and support and to listen whenever you need it.

Take care. Hayley :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Aldebaran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:42 pm

Hayley,

Why don't you ask your husband to help you? If there is no pizza in the house, then you won't be tempted to eat it. He should be able to eat the same foods as you.

If you're tempted to snack (that's my weakness) I always find it's easier if you have some lo-cal snacks to fall back on. I like these Extra sugarless lollies, and they also disguise your breath.

Read the labels of foods. It doesn't have to cost much; in fact I saved heaps of money from my diet. There are ready meals you can buy. The Weightwatchers and Healthy Choice frozen meals are not bad now and again if you want to introduce variety. It depends on what you snack on.

To start off your diet, I'd definitely recommend Optifast milkshakes, but see your doctor first before starting a ULC diet. You can also substitute an Optifast choc bar instead of a meal if you get the choc cravings. I wouldn't recommend it long term, but it gives you a good start. They have all the nutrients. You can then take time to plan. At $45 a box, you'll start saving money. For breakfast, you can substitute 2 Weetbix plus 150mls of skim milk plus sweetener accompanied by a coffee with sweetener and skim milk. I use Splenda, but the purists won't necessarily agree with that.

Long life skim milk is 99c per litre if you buy own brand, and it has no preservatives. I can't tell the difference between Long Life skim and ordinary skim by taste.

Above all, know what your objective is, know exactly what you can eat for each meal and stick to it. Your doctor should be able to help you work out your BMR and body fat, and help you set some objectives. Introduce some exercise early into your regime. About 20 minutes walk a day will still get you somewhere. You can build on that as you get fitter - and fitter you will get.

Keep yourself busy with anything that will take your mind off eating. I took up kayaking. Take time to plan and you'll get there. It doesn't have to be a lonely road either. We'll give you a hand. I think we all know what it's like.
Aldebaran

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:19 am

Thanks again everyone. A big hi to you Hayley.You know we have a lot in common....My husband is called Cameron...I have a 3 year old son (3 1/2) and I want to loose weight before my next one. Oh and you know the other thing!!!!!
Now after everyones help & support I am so grateful and today I am going near the chemist that sells TF. So what the hell Im going to go back on it. It does work and Im a sucka for this kind of thing. If I break it I know I will be in trouble as we cant really afford it so hopefully that will work.Its either this or the biggest looser but I have 20kg to loose,think I'd get voted off first and on the application form you need to put down 3 male friends...I dont have any!!!!! DO have girls though so I'm not that sad!So dont know how far I'd get on that show but I'd love to have Jillian as my trainer..couldnt concentrate if I had Bob for obvious reasons!!!
So Hayley,Dolly I'm back on TF-will start tomorrow (mon)
Im feeling good now
Hope everyones well
HayleyD
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:15 am

Why do they ask for male friends??? That is weird. I do have male friends but the majority of my friends are female. I went for a walk this morning......yay cos I aint been doing much of that lately!!! and anyway I was thinking. I've lost 3kgs since joining the site back on the 2nd Jan and I am pleased about that because it put me back to where I was prior to the last explosion over the 6 months prior to chrissy!!!! Anyway what I was thinking is that it is probably easier to do it in small amounts. I've maintained this weight for I don't know how long now!!! I'll have to look back at the weekly weigh ins but I think it is close to a month. I'm exercising a small amount but not like I was when I had the treadmill. That treadmill really did wonders. Hayley when you go to the gym use the treadmill and put it on a speed where you are really going to puff!!! Make sure you use the incline as well. Anyway I decided to try to lose weight in 3kg intervals. Maybe you could do that too Hayley. Then slow it down a little and have a break for a month and just try to maintain that weight. I'm now ready and more enthusiastic to get moving on the next 3kgs and get down to 65kg. Hence the getting up at 6.50 this morning and going for a walk. Plus another thing I am going to try to do is work out what food I am going to eat for the day. I am considering making a list each day of what I will eat. I find my biggest problem is that I don't eat enough in a day! Yesterday I had a bowl of cereal for breaky, a small pasta for lunch, then 2 biscuits mid arvo, then dinner of steak and vegies. And I only had a small portion of dinner because I wasn't all that hungry. I eat because I want to eat, not because I am hungry. Which is a really bad thing. So today I am aiming for a bowl of cereal for breaky, which I will have shortly after hanging the washing out!!!, an orange mid morning along with maybe a carrot about 11.30. Then for lunch I will make a sandwich, probably a jaffle with baked beans!!!, then I am going to make sure I eat an apple about 3pm and maybe a mandarin about 4.30. Then for tea I am thinking a stir fry, which I don't have noodles with my stir fry because frank doesn't like them! So it is generally just stir fry vegies and maybe chicken. Not sure yet what I will do but I am only going to have a small portion. I am trying to get down to 67.5kgs sometime this week so that I can maintain that til next monday when I put my weight in and say yay I've lost a half kg!!!! So I am going to really concentrate on what I am eating. I find I'm not really craving sweet things so much anymore. Actually the other day I was looking at this packet of rice cracker type things, they are called Apero or something like that and they weren't too bad for you. A hell of a lot better than crisps or anything similar. So I have snacked on them a few times. But I am going to try to put some healthy stuff in my mouth this week! And I'm taking it week by week Hayley. You should do the same thing. We will get past our junk food cravings together Hayley!!! You get down to that gym and sweat your butt off and think of me, and I will get out there walking, or hopefully on the exercise bike, tho I will have to ease my way into that cos I will no doubt get sore butt cheeks from the seat!!!! My mum has given me her gym equipment. She doesnt use it and when she sells the house she wants to join the gym where she is moving to. So I got the weights set, still waiting for it to be put back together tho!!! And I am getting the bike sometime this week. Which will be great cos it is too difficult to go for a walk in the mornings cos it is pitch black. Bit of a hindrance that!!! Its ok if I am not working, like today, but during the week not any good! Right went on and on didn't I!!! Gotta go hang the washing out. Machine is beeping at me to get off my butt!!! Take care everyone.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:19 pm

Hi Groovychick..thank you so much for your reply. The biggest loser producers ask for you to list 3 female friends and 3 male friends that they can talk to..interview for the show I guess.Say how wonderful you are and all that! :)
I will hit the treadmill and I will think of you so thanks
I have just returned home after picking up a week supply of TF.Taking it one week at a time.......
thanks again
HayleyD
[/url]
Hayleyd

Return to Weight loss Talk