It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Free Newsletter

My whole office are eating burgers and chips for luch.......

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My whole office are eating burgers and chips for luch.......

Postby chrispy_josefina » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:55 pm

And I'm stuck eating Sushi.
I am proud of myself for sticking to it, but boy does it suck!
Chips are my favourite thing in the world!!!!!

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:14 pm

Had a similar thing a while back. The company bought pizzas for everyone. I went for a walk instead!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Aldebaran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:05 am

Well I participated in a company barbecue this week. I was hosting the visitors so I couldn't really back out this time.

I couldn't whimp out of the Ice Cream shop either. It's tough when you're the skinniest person in the group and offer "I'm on a diet" as an excuse. I minimised the damage and went for a strawberry smoothie with skim milk and low fat ice-cream.

Still ended up 0.5kg down for the week, but did a lot of exercise to compensate!

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:51 am

Thats the whole equation thing again tho. If you eat something junky then you really need to make up for it and do the hard yards with the exercise. Energy expenditure needs to be more than what is going in to be able to lose weight. So if you eat that bucket of chips or that ice cream, go do the an extra hour at the gym, or walk or whatever you do for exercise, and cut down what you eat for the rest of the day. You know what, you soon learn that it isn't worth eating that crap because you have to make up for it!!! And one thing I have learnt, if you are going to be naughty, damn well enjoy it. Eat it very slowly and and chew the food and savour the taste. I caved and had some choccy the other day with my mum. It was one of those fund raiser chocolates but I had it with a cup of tea and made the small amount last the whole way through the cup of tea! And I havent craved any choccy since. So maybe that is the way to go. Make sure you taste your food before you swallow.

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk