It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

My confession

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My confession

Postby Carley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:05 pm

I've thrown out my digital scales...I'm serious, they are gone. My head was becoming obsessed with the number and not focusing on a healthy lifestyle. My head focussed on every gram, every ounce and I know this is a very bad thing for me. Because of my past history (bulimia and anorexia) I refuse to fall back into that pattern. I know the warning signs and at the moment they are ringing lound in my head, the lights are bright. I'm preventing anything from happening before it has the chance. I'd weigh myself many times a day, I'd be careful (too careful) with what I ate and drank so I wouldn't gain weight. I want to lead a happy AND healthy life, and I know I can not if I fall back into bulimia and anorexia. But for me there are more important things then losing weight, like leading a healthy lifestyle for my daughters.My family are too important to me to risk losing them. I still have a pair of spin scales, which will give me a rough idea if I'm losing weight. I want to focus on how my clothes fit, eating healthy and exercising not only the number. When I do weigh in, it will be me weighing myself in big-w once a week and not many times like I would at home. Time to focus on my mind and not only my body.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Re: My confession

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:03 pm

I think you made a great decision, Carley. The most important thing is to stay healthy and getting rid of the scales is a great step forward with that. Good on you! Maybe you should get rid of the analogue scales as well and just go with how you feel and how your clothes fit instead. Imprecise scales may be just as destructive as precise ones.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Carley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:23 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I think you made a great decision, Carley. The most important thing is to stay healthy and getting rid of the scales is a great step forward with that. Good on you! Maybe you should get rid of the analogue scales as well and just go with how you feel and how your clothes fit instead. Imprecise scales may be just as destructive as precise ones.

Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me. I think your right about the spin scales. I may only weigh myself at the shops ) where you put the $1 in) once a week.
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Do you need to weigh yourself at all? Can you go by measurements instead and break that link to past destructive behaviour? There's currently a July no-weigh challenge being run by a couple of the members here. To get a feel for not weighing perhaps you might want to join in. I think some of the people doing the challenge felt they were getting too obsessive with weighing so you'll have a great support team there.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Carley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:44 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Do you need to weigh yourself at all? Can you go by measurements instead and break that link to past destructive behaviour? There's currently a July no-weigh challenge being run by a couple of the members here. To get a feel for not weighing perhaps you might want to join in. I think some of the people doing the challenge felt they were getting too obsessive with weighing so you'll have a great support team there.

i'd love to never weigh myself again, but I have these huge fears if I do not weigh myself. I'm sure they will sound really quite funny. :? But to me they aren't if that makes sense? I might join it but July is half over. Maybe I can try it, no weigh in for the rest of July... :shock:
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby Jaded » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:47 pm

*hugs* Carley saw your post elsewhere (no I'm not stalking you) but I understand where you are coming from I had problems when I was a teenager but I understand now the important thing is being healthy and having a balanced lifestyle *hugs*
54kgs, goal 50kgs
Jaded

Postby Carley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Jaded wrote:*hugs* Carley saw your post elsewhere (no I'm not stalking you) but I understand where you are coming from I had problems when I was a teenager but I understand now the important thing is being healthy and having a balanced lifestyle *hugs*

i'm glad you understand hun, I know your not stalking me, though would have been fun if you were... :lol: It's so hard to have it balanced when you only hear X is bad for you X is bad for you...blah blah blah!

*goes to eat her rock melon*
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Good on you Carley and it's not too late to join us :lol: .

I have thought about ditching the scales for a while as they do my head in also but.....while I have found not weighing empowering and it has given me a sence of freedom, I also find not knowing what is going on a tad frustrating :) .

Needless to say I can't wait to jump on the scales on the 1st of August :lol: :roll: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Weight loss Talk