It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

back to the beginning, help me start again

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

back to the beginning, help me start again

Postby sunshine » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:19 pm

I haven't posted for a while, I moved out of town and about 40 mins away from my gym, so I basically stopped going. This time last year I was at my fittest, my weight had gone from 69.9 to 63 kilos, I was fit, healthy and strong, and toned from the gym. People commented how great I looked and I felt fantastic and happy.

Now because I basically have stopped walking too, I feel like crap. I am tired, grumpy, kinda depressed because I have thrown away all that good work I did and now am back to how I was. My clothes are tight again and I am finding it very hard to get back the motivation I had before. I know I did it once, but I am scared that I won't be able to do it again.

I won't even buy new jeans now because I hate how I look in them. I need to tone up alot, my weight always goes to my middle, and drinking wine every second night is not helping. This forum really inspired me last year, I am hoping to find some inspiration here again.

It's excuses I am making now, winter, gym too far away, blah blah :mrgreen: I know that I want to be fit and healthy and look good for summer, and I KNOW this is the time to do it. Pls send me some motivation and help me get started..
sunshine

Re: back to the beginning, help me start again

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Great to see you here again Sunshine, though I wish it could have been under happier circumstances.

When I totally lose my mojo I use three techniques for getting it back. The first is positive visualisation. Close your eyes and see yourself at your goal weight. Feel how fabulous you'll be feeling then. Imagine yourself doing everything you want to do at that weight - including shopping for new jeans! Do this whenever you can spare a couple of minutes. This will tell your subconscious that being thin isn't just possible, it's your natural state, so your behaviour will change accordingly.

The second technique is to 'fake it til you make it'. Basically force yourself to do whatever it is you are avoiding. Don't want to go for a walk? Suck it up and go for that damned walk. You'll probably find that the hard work is simply getting over the threshold. Once you're out walking you'll love it. And if you don't? That's where the third technique comes in: positive reinforcement. Tell yourself you love it anyway! The subconscious is a powerful thing. Hell, that's what made most of us overweight to start off with because no-one goes out and deliberately gets fat! Plaster a smile on your face, repeat to yourself how much you love exercise, and exercise away! This genuinely works. If your body goes through the motions of happiness (big goofy grin or laughing) it stimulates the same hormones as if you are actually happy, so it creates a feedback loop where yoru body thinks it's happy which then genuinely affects your mood.

Give it a go and see if it works for you!

Good luck! I hope you get your motivation back. We're all here to support you!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Get your butt out of that chair and go for a walk NOW. End of story. :mrgreen:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Miss Jo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:08 pm

oh no - i see the supreme sea cow coming out! but that's great advice BD!

you better do what she says sunshine!!!
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Looks like Ali, Jo and I are doing a good cop bad cop routine LOL I think I'm starting to get typecast!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lokie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello, Im new to this forum and I came across your blog and had to respond!
The more excuses you make and the longer you put it off, the harder its going to be. You have all the motivation you need, just think back to how GREAT you felt when you were in shape. Once you start, you will fall straight back into routine. It also wont take you long to get to the same shape that you were previously in because of a little thing called neural pathways. Seeing as you have trained before, its now ingrained in your body, and it will take you half of the time to get there opposed to if it were your first time training.
I can speak from experience. I had the same lack of discipline in both training and health. I would like to recommend a few products you should use that are natural, they dont harm your body, and it will aid you in the results you want to achieve.
1. IsoWhey Complete- is a protein shake packed full of vitamins and minerals. It's not a weight gainer, and you can replace meals with it. obviously that will help you loose weight, and you will be getting some proper nutrition out of it.
2. Ultra Muscleze B Excel - This product is manufactured by a company called BioCeuticals. You take it in the morning because it gives you energy. Its important for healthy bones and your metabolism. It is a potent source of magnesium, so when your feeling energized, your more likely to get up and get down to the gym.
With these 2 products combined, a healthy diet, training and your "neural pathways," you will be right where you want to be in no time.
I hope I have helped you in some way. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Take care and good luck
Lokie

Postby Princess_Lissa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Do we really need all these commercial stuff just to stay fit and pretty? Boohooo, if that's the case, I'm doomed to ugliness and fatness forever because I'm not a patriot of these things.

Back to the topic, I loved EWQ's advise on (+) visualization! But it would also help if a (-) visualization follows this: that is, envision yourself getting fat, fatter, and overly fat!!! You'll fall off your chair perhaps to get your butt started on some stretching, teeeheee.
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Princess_Lissa

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks ladies for your comments. I am starting again today, going for a big walk by the ocean on the bike tracks. Its half an hour away but hubby is taking the kids for a run at the beach, and he drops me off and I walk to them. I am so determined to get back in shape, I felt so empowered this time last year. I look forward to sticking around here a bit more too... Cheers again :D
sunshine

Postby Princess_Lissa » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Good going, girl! Brisk walking is a good way to burn a few calories.
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Princess_Lissa

Postby sunshine » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Thank you, I did a couple of walks last week and I am starting back at the gym tommorrow....
sunshine

Postby B'sgirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Sunshine, just checkin in to see how you are going with your re-start?

I only just re-started this week. I was like you, I lost weight & I was fitting into nice clothes & people were complimenting me etc but then I moved to another town due to my hubby's work, I was lonely & that's where it all fell apart. I gained the weight back & then I had to go & buy bigger clothes to fit me. I felt miserable :cry:

But now I feel re-focused. On monday night this week, I jumped back on my Xtrainer & only managed 10 mins but it was a start. Then Tues, I made myself get on it again & so forth. It will soon become a habit again! :D

So I wish you luck with it all & I hope to be reading of your success soon,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby sunshine » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone. Hayley, it looks like I am not the only one restarting, so you have given me hope! I have been to the gym twice last week and twice this week so far, and a few walks here and there. I am going to make sure I walk everyday, and I think I am going to join another gym in the bigger town, as i am finding it hard to get to my gym at the moment. At least my hubby can come in and look after our daughter and get some jobs done while I am at the gym.

I feel I am getting fitter, but I am so frustrated because I keep picturing how I looked last year and I know its only been a couple of weeks, but I want to be like that again. Slow and steady but I want it now lolol. I did it last year with gym, spin classes and walking so I can do it again. Best wishes everyone...
sunshine

Return to Weight loss Talk