It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

Calorie Counting Software - AMAZING!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie Counting Software - AMAZING!

Postby Mandie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:35 pm

Hey :)

Not sure if anyone uses this, but I stumbled across some software that I think is AMAZING.

It's a really sophisticated food and exercise diary, you choose the foods you have eaten from a giant (and I mean giant!) database and insert them into your diary, and it automatically tallies up the calories, carbs, fat content, protein, fibre, sodium etc. There's even a section to track how many glasses of water you drink!

And you can put in the exact type of exercise, and how long you did it for, and it subtracts the calories burnt.

There's the ability to "check in" with weight and measurements, and you can follow that up each week with pretty graphs.

I promise, I don't work for this company at all, I am just very impressed! I'm doing the 7 day free trial of the software, but after day 1 I think I'm going to buy it - $45, that's only one trip to the dietician!

You can find it at http://www.calorieking.com.au - go to products/services, click on software, and follow the prompts to download your trial.

Give it a go, it's really simple to use and makes counting calories a billion times easier!
Mandie

Postby Groovychic » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:42 pm

That software sounds good. Shame it costs tho!!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:17 pm

I am already using that software Mandie and I think it is excellent.

The main reason I got it was to help plan a menu for once I went off the light n easy program which I have now done. I like that you can customise foods and exercises that aren't covered. Not only does it help track calories but also works out percentages where the cals come from if you want to go that deep which I did. Obviously it's only worth it if you are a calorie counter.

Being able to look things up has helped with my choices and now I find I am more interested in what my body will get from the food I eat.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 pm

Day 2 of using the Calorie King software and I'm almost certain I'm going to purchase it.

It's so much fun seeing exactly what I'm eating and where I'm going wrong (Sunday too much fat, Monday too much carbs). Plus, if I go over my calorie limit (as I did yesterday), I can work out how long I need to exercise to get back on track!

Oh, and it's so much fun exercising in the morning and putting it in to the software, because I've taken in NEGATIVE calories so far today! Whee!
Mandie

Postby chrispy_josefina » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:10 pm

I just had a look at it, its exactly what I have been looking.
I have been working so hard at the gym but not getting results as I wished and this looks like it will really help to keep on track.
Thanks heaps for the shared info!
Christine
xx

chrispy_josefina

Postby gea » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:19 pm

I have this sotware also and its fantastic, best thing that its Australian with Aussie brands.
gea

Return to Weight loss Talk