It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Prescription for Duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Prescription for Duromine

Postby amylou540 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I’am after a GP in the north western suburbs of Melbourne who will prescribe me with Duromine.

My Story!

I am a 23 year old female slightly chubby! I need to loose 8-10 kilos to be in my heathly weight range. I have been doing regular cardio sessions at the gym 4 per week made up of – treadmill and spin classes and eating very well, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, low carbs, lots of water…….

I begun my weight loss journey in November last year after a relationship break up.

And so far 8 months into my quest I have only lost 3-4 kilos. I feel like I really need a “kick start” so I took myself off to my GP who said I did not need drugs to help me. That I am obviously not doing enough exercise.

Tell me if im stupid….but I think I am doing OK.

Can anyone please advise me of a doctor in the north western suburbs of Melbourne who will prescribe me with Duromine. I really don’t need to be “judged” I just want a kickstart to loose the weight I need to loose!!!!!! Am I being un realistic???

Thanks all for reading and for any advise that can come my way!!

xx
amylou540

Re: Prescription for Duromine

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

I must say I agree with your doctor. I believe most of the people on Duromine here have quite a significant amount to lose. I have 20kg to lose and I would not think I weigh enough to warrant Duromine. I think you're doing fine without it. Perhaps you should try Calorie King. It's helped a lot of out big losers.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm

what are your stats Amylou?
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby amylou540 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks Amethyst....i will get some more information on Calorie King.

I hope this is what oyu mean by stats~!!!

SW 74.5
CW 72.5
GW between 60- & 63 kgs.

Im only 5'1 so im not the tallest!!!!

I also carry all my weight around my middle which I have learnt is the "danger" place to store your fat.
amylou540

Postby court » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey Amylou -
From what I know about Duromine your BMI has to be over a certain level and yours is definitely is not up there... check out http://www.calorieking.com.au and set up a profile... have a little bit of a play around and I am sure you will pick up tips and tricks...try to aim for 6 small meals a day rather than three big ones, limit sugars, salts and caffeine and drink more water and try to be more active... good luck. Best of all use the forum and have a read around of what everyone is up to - also dont be afraid to ask for help xo
Court
court

Return to Weight loss Talk