It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Binging!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Binging!!!

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:54 pm

I have just come off a 15 day detox, I felt sooo great which was my aim, and all the pregnancy fluid is gone WOOT, BUT I just want to eat constantly. I keep binge eating, so I need some tactics to avoid eating all day. Today I have had a fruit and soy milk smoothie then I have had 6 peices of toast with margarine and peanut butter, some leftover fried rice and some leftover ceasar salad that Andy brought home for me. I am having veggies and steak for dinner. I Don't want to skip dinner or DP will know I have been eating all day and I really don't want him to stress about me stressing.

I have stopped myself from having more toast this evening thank goodness.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: Binging!!!

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 am

I hope you get it under control soon Yoyo, sorry i can't offer much more than that as I'm not really a binge eater.

Hugs XXX OOO, Sue :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby wannabeslim » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:22 am

you need to eat lots of FIBRE! it keeps you full! if you eat a ham and salad sandwhich on multigrain bread you wont want to eat anything else and youll be full for a while.
google foods with fibre and fill up on those!

i also struggle but i find if i eat healthy with lots of fibre and exercise regulary i have the inner strength to avoid binging.

good luck.
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby Czarina » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 am

Something with protein and fat, like eggs, should fill you up. But, if it's a true binge, hunger doesn't come into it anyway...I had a binge weekend, so I understand. Something I saw on the CK forum was interesting, I am all or nothing when it comes to a binge, if I eat too much in the morning,I will think "I've blown it, I might as well just stuff myself for the rest of the day...". The analogy that I read really hit home "If you get a puncture in one of your car tyres, you don't go and slash the other three and the spare..."
Czarina

Postby Amethyst » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

Czarina wrote:The analogy that I read really hit home "If you get a puncture in one of your car tyres, you don't go and slash the other three and the spare..."
I like that one a lot.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Princess_Lissa » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi yoyogirl88

Lemme quote Vincent Lombardi for you:
The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince.
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Princess_Lissa

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

I am still on a junk fix. I ate a little less today I think though. Still working on it though!
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby dragonfly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:31 pm

having just had twins your body is craving instant energy boosts, as I think you'd be very tired from night wakings. get your iron levels checked as well, as this might be a source for low energy making you crave those 6 peices of toast.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby glam1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh i no how you feel :shock:
sometimes i tell my self what am i doing but do it anywhy???????

i try to drink lots of water, and now i eat but if i'm still hungry i wait before having more.

I also try filling the house with healthier options but ready to eat like carrot sticks cos i WANT it now.

But binging is such a horible feeling.
glam1

Postby fi_112 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:17 pm

That's the problem with really restrictive diets and that's the reason u often put the weight back on.

What kind of detox did u do? WOW - 15 days, that's amazing!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 am

It was a clear your guts out detox. It was the quick cleanse detox. I did not do it to lose weight, I wanted to lose my post pregnancy fluid. It worked, my tum is smaller, I have done better today. 15 days was very hard. It was worth it though, I felt wonderful. Now I just need to get back on track and stay feeling wonderful. I do need to get my iron checked too, I used to be anemic and getting ttotm back with be a real shock to the system.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby fi_112 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Well I take my hat off 2 u. 15 days is a long time!! well done!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby mr happy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:11 am

I feel your pain with binging. Temptation surrounds us at every bend in our lives. At the moment my inlaws are staying at our place. My wife and her parents all know that im trying to lose weight, so when i walked in the door and turned on the lights at 3.45am when i got home from work, whats the first thing i saw??...2 open packets of potato chips looking straight at me. Not one of them has the brains to put them in a cupboard out of site, out of mind. This happenes almost every day for me no matter how much i plead with my wife to keep the junk food hidden from me. Now.....to eat or not to eat the chips?, that is the question!!!!
I dont understand nutritional information much, like the benefits of iron, fibre etc...etc... I have a bit of an idea but thats about it. So at the moment, i am working on just cutting out all of the un-neccessary eating in my life.
I am training my mind to swith off and not want food. Its bloody hard to control cravings, but i beleive the power of the mind is the key to success with everything this earth has to offer.
Im training my mind to be stronger. After i found my first wife in my house with another man, i had to learn to train my mind to to be so angry all of the time. I was living in hatred and always angry and aggressive. If i couldnt train my mind, i would never have been able to move on and have the wonderful life and family that i have now.
Losing weight is similiar i have found, i need to train my mind to block out cravings. Every night for the last 18 months i would come home from work and cook 4 pieces of toast, then butter 2 with margarine, then 2 with vegemite. I would eat them, then try to fight off having another 4 pieces. I almost always failed, and would end up eating 8 slices of toast, then going to bed on a full stomach.
Well, in the last 8 weeks i have probably only had my after work toast 5 or 6 times, and in the last 2 weeks maybe only once.
I can feel my mind getting stronger. The more i find the courage to fight off the cravings, the easier it seems to be next time. As a result, i have shed a few KGs, which also helps with the cravings. Not as many fat cells calling out for that toast!!!
Its bloody hard, i know i dont need to assure you of that because we are all in the same boat here.
Best of luck with it, and congratulations on your 15 day detox. Thats amazing!!!
mr happy

Postby Princess_Lissa » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 am

dragonfly wrote:having just had twins your body is craving instant energy boosts, as I think you'd be very tired from night wakings. get your iron levels checked as well, as this might be a source for low energy making you crave those 6 peices of toast.
Wow, this is a great tip, dragonfly! I know I have low iron-levels or something like anemia (?) i'm not sure... I never knew that it can cause some serious cravings!
"If you can dream it, you can do it!" -W. Disney
Princess_Lissa

Return to Weight loss Talk