It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Just so down

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Just so down

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:43 pm

i am feeling extremely down right now i have been reading posts and thinking to myself i am never going to be able to lose any weight, no matter how much i want to.... fair enough i only started my diet two days ago... but i still dont think i can do this, i got a ticker today and now i feel even worse because mine says zero... some people have lost incredible amounts of weight (congratulations, thats fantastic :D) but i just dont think i can do this...im going to be fat forever....

sorry i just needed to say that
thanks
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Tango44 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:50 pm

Everyone feels down, but there are so many people here who are willing and WANTING to help and support you.

I've only really just started my weightloss journey as well so you are not the only one who is worried they cant do this.

But we have faith in you!!!
And I have to have faith in myself to know that i am doing the right thing, that at the end will just make me feel so much better about myself.

Where do you live, maybe you can have a support partner close to you?
Tango44

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:19 pm

thankyou very much, i live in melbourne.... my doctor is helping me lose weight so perhaps he will be enough insentive to actually try.
joan.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Don't forget Joan we all started at the same point with the zero staring us in the face. Each little thing you do helps towards your goal so keep that in mind whenever you plan your meals or go for a walk that each step is part of the whole.

I also have many different types of goals to keep me motivated. Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, long term ultimate goal. That way there are small things to head towards and not the overwhelming end goal.

Something else to keep in mind, I didn't see any changes until a week had gone by and not everyone sees it then, so don't get disheartened keep at it and you will succeed.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:39 pm

Joan you can and will do this, place a picture of a slimmer you near the computer so you can see it daily (if you haven't got one, cut out a picture of a slim model from a magazine and place a photo of your face where hers is.
Here are a few reminders about why you and all of us will succeed at this.
click here - REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT

hugs
Dolly

Postby Mandie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:28 pm

*points at ticker*

don't worry.

the longest journey always begins with a single step...
Mandie

Return to Weight loss Talk