It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Free Newsletter

Can someone explain the TF diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can someone explain the TF diet?

Postby Tango44 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:51 pm

I tried to find info on here but none that would explain how it works, what you eat etc?

Morgan
Tango44

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi Morgan, Here is a link to an old thread Hayley and I were on a while back. Hayley is still doing the Tony Ferguson Diet with much success.
LINK
A Day with the Tony Ferguson Program is as follows

Breakfast - A tony Ferguson shake with 2 teaspoons of fibre

Morning tea - fruit or veggies sticks and/or diet jelly.

Lunch - another Tony Ferguson shake with a salad or veggies (a stir fry is a good idea)

Afternoon tea - another piece of fruit or veggies and/or jelly.

Dinner - a protein serve with salad and vegetables (the book supplied by the chemist tells you which kind and how much protein to choose from it also has some recipies)

Your body gets into a mild state of ketosis so you burn the fat up very quickly.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi Morgan,

As mentioned by Dolly, I am currently on the TF diet and going well - I've lost 7.6kg already and this is my 6th week.

If you want to know more about it, visit the site http://www.tonyferguson.com and there are many link to different areas on the official site for this weight loss system. In particular, I found it great to click on the forum link and look at the before/during/after pics section. The members also offer plenty of advice and share their experiences - it's really informative.

Let me know if you're going to try the TF diet :D
Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Tango44 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi Hayley,
I did think about trying the TF diet.
I had a look on the website but I am just not sure about having the drink instead of actual food.

How do you feel while on it? do you feel full?
Im prone to lots of headaches so I just don't know.

Im going to look further into it.
Can you tell me about your experience doing it?

Morgan
Tango44

Postby Hayley » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi Morgan,

To be honest, I felt the same way about the shakes before I started - I thought there's no way I'd be able to drink a shake instead of having 'real food'. But I was also impressed with the success stories and thought I'd give it a go for 2 weeks and see what I thought after that initial 2 week period.

You have to be in the right mind set to do any diet I feel. The information book said the first 2 days would be the most difficult but then from day 3 onwards, you feel ok......well, that was so true. The first 2 days were a little difficult. I went well during the day and made sure I filled up on water and the allowance of fruit. I also had planty of diet jelly to cater for the sweet craving should they hit....and they did! The evening time, around 8pm onwards, I had a bad headache for the first 2 days. This is supposed to be from caffiene withdrawal if you're a coffee drinker and from carb withdrawal while your body gets used to the lower carb content and converts to ketosis mode, when it starts burning your fat stores for energy instead of using carbs.

Honestly, for me, the first 2 days weren't all that bad and from day 3 all was fine. I didn't feel hungry (and I still don't). I don;t get sugar cravings anymore. The only times I tend to struggle with it a bit is when I'm home alone and get bored...but then I just try to keep myself busy and drink lots of water.

You're supposed to drink a minimum 2ltr water each day and that took a bit of getting used to....in fact I still don't think my bladder is used to it :lol: and I've been doing this for nearly 6 weeks now!

My skin looks heaps better, I've lost 11cm off my waist and 7.6kg so far. Like I said, I'm not hungry between shakes, in fact I haven't been having any fruit between shakes at all for the last 3 and a half weeks cos I haven't felt hungry.

I've even convinced my parents-in-law to join up, which they will do next week. I visit the chemist to buy the sachets but I do my own weigh-in and measure weekly at home using digital scales and a tape measure. I went to Myer and bought a plastic 'shaker' and now when we go anywhere and I know I'll be out during lunch time, I put cold water in the shaker, add my sachet, shake her up and I'm ready to go- my lunch shake is made and it's that easy.

I have stuck to this really well because I am determined to lose the weight. I'm doing this for me and I'm loving the results.

If you have any more questions about my experiences or the program in general, please ask away - I'm only too happy to help! :D
Hayley

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Hayley. Could you tell me the ingredients of the shakes... I'm just asking as I am vegan and I've found some of the different shakes have a high milk content, which I find upsets my tummy a bit as it's not really used to milk/dairy products.
SarahC

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Sarah,
I'm reading off the Espresso shake but they are all pretty similar except for the flavouring:

Milk solids, fructose, vegetable fat, coffee powder (3%), glucose syrup solids, maltodextrin, thickeners (407, 1442), colour (150C), flavours (wheat derived), minerals (magnesium oxide, ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, potassium oxide), emulsifiers (339, 471, 472C, 450), vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E, Folate, Niacin), free flow agent (551), antioxidant (306) [soy derived].

Hope that helps. You add the sachet to 200ml water.

If you have any other questions, ask away :D
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:48 am

It does specify the nutritional quantities per serving (so you wouldn't need to take a multifitamin with this diet)
loosely speaking the chocolate shake (my favourite) contains

Protein,
Fat (2.3g)
Carbohydrate,
Sugar,
Sodium,
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 B12,
Niacin,
Vitamins C, D, E,
Folate,
Phosporus,
Magnesium,
Iron,
Zinc and
Iodine.
Iodine being an important ingredient in switching the metabolism on.
Dolly

Postby Tango44 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:30 pm

would you find that maybe going on the TF diet to loose some initial weight. Then perhaps returning to a normal diet might work or would you put it all back on??

Morgan
Tango44

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 pm

That was what I did, I lost the initial weight with the Tony Ferguson program then I went back onto my Easy Slim diet and I didn't gain any weight when I switched diets.
Although I'm thinking of going back on the TF program for 5 days of the week then just regular dieting on the weekends. It would slow down my weight loss because just as my body gets into ketosis I then give it carbs again (but we'll see how I go) I'm starting TF tomorrow morning until saturday.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:18 am

Thanks Hayley and Dolly, that helps a lot 8)

Too bad the shakes aren't vegan though. Might have to go off and do some research into some alternatives :)
SarahC

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:32 am

I thought they were vegan, the only milk solids I knew about them having is soy milk.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:38 am

I just shot off a quick email thru their website and got this reply... :?

Hello Sarah,

Our sachet contents are the same as most and are skim milk based. Unfortunately, our program will not suit a vegan.

If you should have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Briggada

I was at the supermarket yesterday and had a good look thru the meal replacements.. not one there that did not contain milk. No probs with the protein powders, just the meal replacements.

Checked online, and so far Ladybird Figure Shape look to be the go.. :)
SarahC

Postby Hayley » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:44 am

Sorry to hear that Sarah - I too, thought the shakes were soy based and therefore suitable for vegans. I truly hope you can find a program suitable for you that works. Best of luck for your search. I'm interested to hear how you go, so keep in touch.
Hayley

Return to Weight loss Talk