It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Free Newsletter

Problems with doctors

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Problems with doctors

Postby polishgirl13 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi there,
I'm new here. And i dont really know where to begin but i thought that perhaps this is where i can find some help.
I am a 23 year old woman who is about to graduate from Pharmaceutical Science. I just recently moved houses as well. I am attending a new doctors clinic in 4 days and I would like to ask him to prescribe Reductil for me. However I really don't know how to ask him.
I am overweight - 165 cm and 80 kg... with BMI being at 29.4.
I have tried different diets and shakes however i can't stick to it. my appetite is sickening.
I need an effective appetite supressant to even kick start my weightloss.
Also graduating from Pharmaceutical Science degree i am aware of the physiological/pharmacological factors of this drug and i think it might be suitable for me.
How do i approach a new doctor who i have never met before about prescribing this drug for me.
Please help. Any comments would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
SW:84kg
CW:78kg
GW:60kg
polishgirl13

Re: Problems with doctors

Postby court » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Hey Polishgirl...

I dont know much about the meds that you are talking about but I was 80kgs and 159cm 6 months ago. Through watching what I ate (calorie controlled) and incidental exercise I lost 10kgs in around 13 weeks..
Good luck - I dont know about dealing with doctors but if you need any help or advice everyone on here is very supportive.

Court
court

Postby Princess_Lissa » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 pm

You can ask him what his opinions are over reductil.... and that you'd want to give the drug a try.
"If you can dream it, you can do it!" -W. Disney
Princess_Lissa

Postby polishgirl13 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks guys. I decided to give it one more try without any meds. We'll see how it goes. But thanks so much again.
SW:84kg
CW:78kg
GW:60kg
polishgirl13

Return to Weight loss Talk