It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Its official, my diet is being sabotaged!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Its official, my diet is being sabotaged!!!

Postby mr happy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Im now convinced that my wife is sabotaging my attempts to lose weight. No matter how many times i ask her not to, she always leaves junk food out for me to see. I know its my responsibility to ignore them and not eat them and use will power, but some support would be nice. Maybe im just being selfish??
Today she baked some scones, so i agreed to go and buy some jam and cream to put on them. I know thats not really healthy, but ive been pretty good this week, and i appreciate her efforts, so i thought a little bit wont hurt to much. I have to work tonight anyway, so better to eat them on a worknight than on a night off!!!
Then she went crook at me for getting the low fat cream!! She said she needs the "real cream". I said to her for the 100th time "IM ON A HEALTHKICK.....IM TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT......I NEED TO MAKE SACRIFICES SOMETIMES...GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD WOMAN"lol :roll: :roll: :lol:

But the biggest proof came yesterday afternoon after i went for a short bike ride..........when i got home I found her on the bed crying. I asked her what was wrong, and she said "Im worried your going to lose weight then leave me".............

Now, i realise she is insecure, and im doing everything in my power to reassure her. BUT.....I cant live my life 40kg overweight with a sore back and aching knees and god knows what else just because she cant learn to trust her husband!!!
Geez Louise..... I am the one that has been cheated on by my first wife.......and my wife is the one that doesnt trust!!! Go figure!!!!
Im hoping like hell, that after the baby is born in a few weeks, that i can convince my lovely wife to go on a healthkick herself and try to lose some weight, just so that she feels better and can then understand why i want to lose some weight, and that its all about feeling better and not about looking more attractive for some young flimsy to come in and destroy our marriage!!! :shock:
mr happy

Re: Its official, my diet is being sabotaged!!!

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 pm

sounds like insecurity, hormones and a whole lotta love!
if you see unhealthy food put it in the back of the pantry/fridge.
i think you both need to have a good talk!
all the best!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby glam1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm sure alot of us no how you feel Mr Happy. :D
I must admit when my husband started going to the gym i actually got prangs of jealously unbeleivable cos he is so cute any way. :lol:

All I can offer is good luck and keep up the healthy changes your health is worth it.
glam1

Postby mr happy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks Glam and WBS.
Yeah its just another obstacle!! I know her well, and eventually she will realise that im pretty serious about this and show more and more and support. For now though its just an extra hurdle!!!
mr happy

Postby Princess_Lissa » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 pm

I say, make time for a heart-to-heart talk. Although most of girls will never speak about our insecurities during the first confrontation (hence, we breed heated arguments, haha), the right words and a loving approach will allow us to spill the beans.

I suddenly remembered how I reacted to seeing my BF's successful exercise+diet+sibutramine creed. I got so scared that he might not want me anymore the next day at that rate he's losing all the unwanted fat. I stashed his meds in my purse and hid it, told him nasty things about sibutramine (which are true, btw) and demanded him to stop taking it, and kept him going out with me for shopping just so he couldn't exercise!
"If you can dream it, you can do it!" -W. Disney
Princess_Lissa

Postby Freddy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Sounds a bit like a discussion I ended up in over at bikeforums.net...

Simple question: Does your wife have weight issues as well?
Freddy

Postby glam1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 am

Do you think that makes adifference Freddy? :?:

I think it has more to do with how some one feels on the inside. in secrutity.
glam1

Postby Princess_Lissa » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Whether or not wifey has her own weight issues, I guess she's a good candidate for some insecurity and fear. Most of us, women, are like that. *grin* While there are still a few girls who will feel enthusiastic about husband's weight loss goals, majority of us are more inclined to be insecure.

If wifey has weight issues as well, it might be more difficult for her to admit that she is indeed threatened by husband's steps to achieving a fab bod.
Princess_Lissa

Postby mr happy1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah my wife is a bit overweight, but i dont think that leads to any insecuritys. I think they come from other places, like her past, before she met me, and also her rough upbringing.
My wife knows me well and knows that i love her for who she is, regardless whether she loses weight or not.
In saying that though, i am trying to encourage her to lose weight now that the baby has been born simply for health reasons and to help build her self esteem.
mr happy1

Postby glam1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:14 am

:D congratulations Mr Happy- do tell boy /girl?????
hip hip horay

oh just a tip do not force the weight issue just yet - trust me most women feel deeply depressed about the body in the first few weeks - its the jelly belly.........

better to try fun actictives like walking together for "fun" rather than exercise...
glam1

Postby mr happy1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks Glam1. We had a little girl, she was 5lb 3ounces. She is absolutely beautiful. I posted a photo in the just chatting section. Im on my way back up the hospital now.
I would never push the weightloss thing on my wife regardless of whether she has given birth or not. I will encourage her, but never push the issue. :wink:
mr happy1

Postby domcar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Make sure to follow strict diet and exercise, dont blame your wife!
domcar

Postby Princess_Lissa » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:33 pm

a good social support helps a whole lot!
Princess_Lissa

Postby onthedecrease » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

how rude domcar, seriously??????
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby ZeeBee » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:31 am

Hows it going Mr Happy?
ZeeBee

Return to Weight loss Talk