It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 am

Free Newsletter

Partner support

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Partner support

Postby BlueEyedDevil » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi,

Does anyone here lack partner support when it comes to trying to get healthy and lose weight? My other half knows I am counting the calories and trying to avoid the saturated fat foods but come dinner time she makes recipes with whole cream, normal marge etc. It's not until after scoffing the food I ask what is in the dinner so I can work out my intake and tonight's dinner was a whopping 1120 calories yeow. Butter chicken with rice. The darned cream had 23g of saturated fat per 100ml's. How do you win if your partner isn't no board with you?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfn89EL/]
[/url]
BlueEyedDevil

Re: Partner support

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Could you take over cooking for a while? I know that if my partner offered to cook each night I'd be thrilled! When yourpartner finds out how delicious healthy food can taste she may decide to adopt lower-fat lower-calorie recipes.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mr happy1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 am

I certainly do have the same problem and it frusterates me to no end. We both share the cooking, and both share the grocery shopping, but she still goes out and gets things as she needs them. My biggest problem is coming home from work at 4am and turning on the lights, only to find chips, chocolate biscuits whatever looking at me smiling!!lol No matter how many times i ask her she still leaves them there.
BUT.....we cant blame our wives for not being able to lose weight. Our size is our own responsibility.
Have a look at the thread i started last week about a similiar problem.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19565
mr happy1

Postby BlueEyedDevil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks for that, at least I am not alone. I guess the main thing is I am becoming so disciplined it bugs me when I eat a meal that blows my whole daily routine in one hit. I guess it may be the case that I ask the ingredients before she cooks to decide if I want any or not then make my own thing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfn89EL/]
[/url]
BlueEyedDevil

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:43 pm

butter chicken could have been a good indication that its probably a no go zone if your watching what you eat. hope things work out for you though :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby mr happy1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 pm

No offence mate, but theres always the option of cooking your own tea!!! I have found that since i have been on my healthkick which i started back in may, i have been doing a lot more cooking and preparing than ever before. This is to make sure i eat what i want. Also, do you grocery shop with her? I go with my wife all the time to help make sure i get the stuff i want.
Its when she ducks out without me that i get concerned!!! :roll: :roll:
mr happy1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:14 pm

You could make a huge bowl of salad to go with dinner. That way you can still have a little of what she cooks, but most of your meal is low fat, low calorie and packed with nutrients. A big bowl of salad will store for several days in the fridge, making it easy to get a serving with each meal. Just don't add dressing to it until it's on your plate otherwise the salad leaves will wilt.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby glam1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 am

I second the salad idea. I make sure my plate is have salad then i just eat as much of the rich food if hubby cooks, he is supportive but ocassionally cooks really rich food and says its alright sometimes.....mmm not for me I'm so slow at losing weight as it is.....

Try cooking you might like it. There are some great cookbooks symply true to be true at the newsagent is great if you like more "junkie" food . :D
glam1

Return to Weight loss Talk