It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Losing my Motivation quickly

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing my Motivation quickly

Postby grugwashere » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:55 pm

i know i want to lose weight... but because it is such a long and hard task i am starting to lose interest very rapidly....i am having self doubts like: you wont be able to keep it up you might as well stop now etc.... although i cant wait to jump on the scales and see another result....but i know i wont see any results for at least another week and all this walking and jumping rope is starting to make my ankles hurt:( i dont want to fail i want to be hot and feel sexy.... my poor boyfriend has a fat lump of a gf when he could have anyone he wanted... sorry about that eeek
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:42 pm

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You should be so proud with your efforts so far and realise that you've taken the first and often hardest step of acknowledging your problem and actually getting started.

I have had many feelings like the ones you're experiencing, over the years. After many attempts to lose weight in the past, I've now come to realise that I wasn't ready to do it for me.....I was trying to do it for other people and therefore I'd resent them and feel like I'm missing out on food and stuff. Now, during the last 6 weeks, I've been doing this for myself because I want to be fit and healthy and to feel good about myself. For me, I have to be in the right frame of mind to lose weight and stick to whatever plan I'm following. I'm finally at that stage and am very happy with the results over the last 6 weeks.

Just know that your boyfriend loves you for the person you are and he obviously doesn't love you less because you've put on a little bit of weight. My husband, as hard as it is for me to believe, loves me just as much as the day he met me (when I was 14 yrs old and 51kg) and he still finds me attractive even with the extra kg's. With his love and support, I know I'll get through this. You need to believe that your man feels like this too.

Don't get me wrong...I still have days where I stuff up and feel like I may as well stop now cos I'm going to fail anyway but I don;t let those thoughs affect me in a negative way anymore. I talk to my husband about it and he guides me through those horrible feelings until I'm over it and happy again.

I'm glad you felt like you could share those feelings on here. Anytime you feel like this agin, please jump back on here and we'll always be here to listen.

I hope I've made you feel a little better. You'll get there, just stay strong.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:38 pm

Dont give up.....................................
Just imagine how good you'll feel each night, when you climb into bed , knowing that you have done your very best to loose weight and change your lifestyle and life for the better.

Instead of the ugly feeling of "oh no I've over eaten again today, maybe tomorrow I'll be better".

You'll sleep much better looking forward to a healthier future,I know :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Well, I guess the quickest way to fail is to simply give up. Luckily the opposite is also true... if you don't give up, then you can't fail! Success is guaranteed :D

Why do you want to lose weight? Think of one good solid reason, hang on to it, and don't let go! That way when anything bad happens or negative thoughts start creeping in, just remind yourself of that reason. I have been told that once you have your "why", the "how" takes care of itself... or at least makes it a whole lot easier :)

Watch out for your ankles too. I have got really weak ankles as well... I saw a physio and got a few good excercises to do to strengthen them. Maybe try that, or maybe some lower impact excercises like bike riding or swimming??

Keep up the good work :D
SarahC

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Don't give up...be strong. You need to refocus every day especially in the beginning so it doesn't all seem like a waste of time. Reaffirm to yourself the reasons you want to lose weight and know that you can do it if you truly choose to and if you make it a priority.

None of your efforts are a waste of time and each thing you do, each piece of food you make a better choice about, each step you take for exercise improves your health and is a step in the right direction for learning better habits for life.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:54 pm

thankyou so much everyone you ahve all said some very wonderful and sensible things... i bought a new dress it fits already but i want to lose more weight to look absolutely fabulous in it... but its my ambition... its my goal to look gorgeous in this dress
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:57 pm

Oh thats good! there are so many pretty clothes coming out now for summer. at least the pretty dress is a nice incentive for you. keep the receipt so you can take it back for a smaller size ;)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk