It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

My week so far

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My week so far

Postby Tango44 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Well coming up to week 2 of my concious effort to eat healthily and exercise. I did well on the food but not on the exercise but I have holidays for 2 weeks starting next Friday so I am planning lots of walkies with my little dachshund Cariad.

My first *YAY me moment* was Monday. My sister had gone down to the country to see mum and dad and she brought back a big container full of cookies not just any cookies Neiman Market cookies my fave. I took 3 to work with me and I would have eaten them all but I gave 2 away and ended up eating only one.

I have had salad for lunch and have not had the chocolate chip muffin that I have been craving for 2 weeks.

I've also noticed that I look at food and say oh yum lets eat you now then I think well Im not actually hungry so no I wont.

I think weightloss has a huge amount to do with your mind, making you want to be healthier to say yes you want it but you can say no.

Anyway thats my week thank you for reading LOL

Morgan
Tango44

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:02 am

Hi morgan

well done!!! i know what its like to see things you enjoy to eat then thinking 'do i really need you?' its so hard when you are buying the newspaper or a magazine and you have to walk past the bakery and then in the newsagency there are chocolates and coke and flavoured milk looking at you! i havent had any sweets and no breads in a week. but i think if i were to have one i would be upset because ive done so well without one. you can do it, you are doing really well!!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 am

Hey Morgan, well done on resisting those chocolate muffins and biscuits! Excellent 8)

We had a morning tea at work yesterday and a whole table was laid out with chocolate cakes, muffins, biscuits of every variety imaginable.... I just had a cup of tea!

I think that once you have made a conscious decision that you are going to eat well and lose weight, it's so much easier to resist tempting foods. So, I would go out on a limb and say that losing weight is 100% controlled by your mind and your thoughts (unless you are sick or there's a health problem where you can't lose weight :( )

Enjoy your holidays... at least the weather is getting a bit nicer for going out walking :)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 am

I agree with that Sarah, losing weight is a very "mindful" thing, as it is all about the choices we make each day that make the difference! That was where I kept going wrong, I was in the mindset that "oh well I will start tomorrow" and tomorrow never came. The only thing that came back was all the weight I had lost!

Good on you Morgan for making good choices. We can only take one day at a time and deal with the things that face us today.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am

Well done Morgan and it gets a little easier each time. Having said that there are free doghnuts two desks from me!! :roll:

Well said Sarah your mind has so much to do with this whole thing. I find I can now not only think about whether I am hungry but also what will my body get from this food. Which doesn't mean I don't cave from time to time but if I listen to my logical brain I can usually talk myself out of it.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:48 pm

Having the mental capacity to say no, I don't really need that is such an important factor for me.
my problem is I eat well during the day then go home after work and think what do i do now so I eat something (usually bread) before dinner.

My major effort so far has been the no you're not that hungry you can wait for dinner and so far its worked.
I've also made myself remember to drink lots of water. I use to drink water before but not nearly enough and I ahve to say you do feel better.

Im just trying to make healthier choices. Its what this weightloss journey is all about for me.

Morgan
Tango44

Return to Weight loss Talk