It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

scared to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

scared to lose weight?

Postby matchbox » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm

I don't know how i'm feeling right now. i mean i'm really glad that i'm under 60, but i dont know, i feel kinda weird about it? like i'm scared to lose more, and actually get a hot body. i guess i'm used to my body as it was, and as it is now (smaller but still a fair bit of fat) so if i lose that.... i don't know what will happen. sounds kinda silly huh??

i still haven't booked in for my re-assessment (in order to learn how to use the machines, to do weights, and get measured up etc so that i can tone up) for the same reason i guess. i don't really know what to do. i guess i'm still kind of comfortable where i am at the moment, although not happy with myself, i'm kinda in my comfort zone. I'm scared.

i need some advice... i don't know what to do...
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: scared to lose weight?

Postby Amethyst » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 pm

I think it's pretty natural to feel that way. Maybe you need some time to re-group annd re-evaluate or maybe you need to take a step without thinking too much about it. You've done some big changes and now you're unsure weather you want to do more. It's all up to you in the end. We are here for support though
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby matchbox » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:14 pm

thanks amethyst. i stopped losing at the start of the year, put on 2 or 3 kg's when i went on holidays, and am now a kg away from where i was before. however, i haven't done any weights at all so i'm still a bit flabby. i'm so undecided!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Shalimar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi Lexi :) , it sounds like we are a bit in the same place right now.

I have around 5ish kilos to go (Im not exactly sure how much, I am just taking it kilo by kilo) and I think I may be a bit reluctant to let it go. It isnt helping much with people saying I shouldnt lose anymore or there will be nothing left or dont lose anymore because if you get sick there will be nothing to fall back on.
Speaking for myself I think it may be that because I have got used to the scales going down pretty much each week that when I stop the scales will stop, and it will be hard for me to not see that drop in numbers. I dont know really Im just taking a guess.
For now I just concentrate on each day as it comes and have kept away from the scales for around 3 weeks (I didnt weigh for a whole month before that) and concentrated on eating and exercising well. The number on the scales has taken a back seat for now.

Im probably not much help Im afraid but at least you know youre not alone.

Have a great weekend and look after yourself, Sue :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Princess_Lissa » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:31 pm

first off, congratulations for achieving your goal!

it's best to have your re-assessment done. fill your trainer in about your fears and hesitations to take a step into the next level so that you can be given options.

matchbox wrote:like i'm scared to lose more, and actually get a hot body.

c'mon, Amethyst! you gotta be kidding... i think you want that bod but you're just unsure how you'd react to it since you're just a few steps away to achieving it. What is it that scares you about losing more weight, really (aside from being used to your old body...)? Think of a REAL reason, and if you can't pop one out of your head in a day, you have to book for a re-eval, okay? You can't put it off for so long... you've done so much already and you've gotten so far!
"If you can dream it, you can do it!" -W. Disney
Princess_Lissa

Postby matchbox » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:47 pm

thanks girls. i guess i'm just a bit unsure on where things are and where they're heading.

I realise it's a bit conflicting but i've coe up with a quick list of pros and cons:

PRO's
bikini
wearing whatever i want
not being self conscious
being fitter means i can be more active with the boy
the boy being more attracted

CON's
i'm used to my old body
unfamiliar territory, never been this size before
not sure how i'll look and if i like it
don't want too much muscle and look too manly, want to still have a soft body
i like my curves
the boy being less attracted
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby pobox867 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Hiya,
Re: too scared to get to goal.
I totally understand about achieving goal weight. However you may not have really thought about this, but once you're there, you start on a completely different journey of experimenting with foods/exercise that you can add in or not add in. Going to maintanence truely is another journey. For me, (last time) it was a completely different mind-set. I thought that I wasn't 'in' or could be thought of as not understanding any more because I wasn't part of the 'losing' team.

What I have since found, is that I didn't conquer maintence properly and so I've gained alot of my weight back on. I'm a friggen professional chronic dieter, but crap at maintenance. And maintenance is what I have to learn properly now.

So, my suggestion is - don't be scared - you've got a new journey to learn and its a GOOD and most worthwhile journey.

Re: scared to keep going
Wow, so powerful. Yes yes yes! too scared to not be pudgy anymore! I feel exactly the same and in my head I keep thinking 'how daft'! Give it to yourself matchbox! you're worth it!
pobox867
pobox867

Return to Weight loss Talk