It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 am

Free Newsletter

3.75litres water yesterday- still thirsty! opinion please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

3.75litres water yesterday- still thirsty! opinion please

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 am

Hi guys, can I grab your opinion on this please...

Yesterday I drank just over 3x 1.25 litre water bottles, so thats a total of just over 3.75litres water yesterday! I didn't do any exercise, in fact I was at home all day and didn't do much at all! I was so thirsty all day and my mouth was constantly dry. I was still so thirsty at 10:30pm last night. I have been tested for diabetes, so I know that's not it.

Any ideas as to why I was so thirsty? I thought maybe I was lacking in a particular vitamin/mineral?????
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:45 pm

Increased thirst can be a few things. It may just be that you were thirsty yesterday, had you done anything the day before to dehydrate yourself?

Do you have any other symptoms? If the thirst continues, it wouldnt hurt for you to go to your GP and have a blood glucose level done. Dont panic it doesnt mean you have diabetes. Thirst is just one of the signs of it.

Some medications make you very thirsty too, have you recently started any new medication?

anyway, I wouldnt worry too much unless it continues, it could very well be just one of the things.

As you probably gather I am a nurse, so know a little bit about these things.I'm sure it will be fine :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Hayley sorry I didnt read the last bit about you already being checked for diabetes, how long ago was that?
slimmindown

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I was tested about 5 months ago, wow, maybe that is too long ago now that I think of it. I actually feel ok today - not really thirsty but I will keep an eye on it!

Thanks again.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:05 pm

I'm sure it was just one of those things Hayley, anyway drinking water is good for you, that is a positive hey... :lol:
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Hayley I have had a similar thing happen but it only seemed to last a day and hasn't happened regularly. It's like you just can't drink enough water and my mouth kept getting very dry.

Anyways I am not gonna worry unless it becomes a regular thing. Have also decided that once I get to my goal weight will get the doc to give a full physical and blood tests to make sure everything is as it should be. I have had problems with iron levels before but that was sorted last time I had a blood test.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk