It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Free Newsletter

New Weightloss program.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

New Weightloss program.

Postby DonnaH » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I've got to say that weightloss should be about sensible long term nutrition, not meal replacement, and I feel the same about programs where you have to buy your meals. (No names)

Years ago I was introduced to a program called UltraLite (actually their logo is down the bottom. It was run from Naturopath's clinics and the price after a while added up. But, I lost the weight and kept it off for many years.

Well, time catches up and it is not too hard to fall off the rails so a friend of mine who is a Naturopath mentioned this new program to me. It's called SlimSafe. It follows the same priciples of UltraLite but you can do it online rather that having to go to a Naturopath. It works out a lot cheaper and there is email support by Naturopaths if you are having any problems.

I have lost the weight I wanted in only 3 weeks and my food choices are back on track. I always liked the Ultralite program, but this is the same but so much more affordable.

Like I said I don't believe a sensible weightloss program should involve replacing meals or buying meals from weightloss companies. How do you learn to keep it off that way?

Just thought I'd put it out there for comments. I'm happy.

Donna

PS Oh the site is http://www.slimsafeonline.com
DonnaH

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:40 pm

Hi donna

thanks for your input and welcome the group. im pretty new here too. i hope you lose the weight you want to lose and make sure you get a ticker!!!

best of luck
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:14 pm

Hello Donna and welcome to the forum.

I agree weightloss is best maintained through long term sensible nutrition as well as exercise. Not to mention the benefits of both of these go beyond weightloss and right to the heart of your health!

I was on one of the plans where you buy your food and I know without a doubt nothing else would have worked for me at the time. This is simply because I wasn't interested enough to work out my own nutrition plan and going to a nutritionist would have meant nothing to me. I admit I was worried that I wouldn't learn better eating habits from it and would put the weight back on afterward. I lost 18kgs on the plan and have continued to lose weight since coming off the plan. What it did do for me apart from helping me to lose the better part of 20kgs was teach me portion control, discipline and that smaller regular meals meant I was less hungry. I was able to put my little bags out and that was all I would get for the day. Exercise started about 6 weeks into the plan and that helped me enormously, I really can't recommend exercise enough. Fortunately, for me as my health, fitness improved and my body started changing I became interested in just what I was doing to myself and how could I chart it and learn more. I purchased nutrition and exercise software that helped me track my daily food and exercise and I did this while on the plan. The idea was I would basically use the same food when I came off the plan and all would be a merry little world. Well as I said I am a curious soul so I ended up reading various bits and pieces and my food plan is not quite like the one I was on but I am happy with it all the same. I have increased the food which also means I now have some leeway to cut back calories through food if needed but would prefer to burn them through exercise but it’s good to have that safety net. For me the whole calorie counting and tracking works and I am comfortable with it, I am also monitoring myself closely to see how the changes from bought plan to Kim’s plan pans out. So far so good and I feel I am realistically heading towards a maintainable way of life.

After all that I will say that the same thing does not work for everyone all of the time. One very important lesson I have learnt here is that for weight loss you need to find what works for you as I do not believe there is a one size fits all plan. Yes I believe a nutritional diet and regular exercise plan as the best way but unless you have your head in that space already it may take something else to get you there.

:lol: Crikey I have never written so much in this place I think! Did I bore ya? Go on, go on, you can tell me.

Well done on your weight loss Donna and I am sure the info you supplied about
SlimSafe will help lots of people here especially if it is affordable. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi Donna welcome to the forum and thanks for your helpful input.

KimE wrote:After all that I will say that the same thing does not work for everyone all of the time. One very important lesson I have learnt here is that for weight loss you need to find what works for you as I do not believe there is a one size fits all plan. Yes I believe a nutritional diet and regular exercise plan is the best way but unless you have your head in that space already it may take something else to get you there.

I fully agree.
Dolly

Postby DonnaH » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Thanks for your welcome guys.

I will look into getting a ticker.

Good luck to you too. I'll let you know how I'm going

Donna
DonnaH

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:57 pm

How to get a ticker graph - click here
Dolly

Postby DonnaH » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Wow, so many ticker choices.

I'll pick one yet.

Donna
DonnaH

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Hehe know what you mean Donna. I love variety and tend to change mine every now and then.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk